Issue importing to Roblox Studio from Blender!

Hi It's my first post on this category so sorry If I do something wrong

I did some research and I couldn’t find a post that could provide me with helpful information

I have an issue importing to Roblox from Blender

This is how it looks on Blender:

And this is how it looks on Roblox Studio:

Again, I’m new to Blender and this category so If I’m missing important information please let me know

HELP

2 Likes

There are so many previous posts about this exact same issue… If you search for ‘broken mesh’ or ‘faces missing from mesh’ or ‘mesh not the same’ or ‘parts of mesh disappeared’ you’ll find similar posts.

You have your Normals reversed.
Google ‘Blender show normals’ because there are a few ways to display which side of the faces are pointing out of the mesh and which point inwards which makes them invisible from the outside.

Someone is probably going to tell you to click the Doublesided checkbox, but don’t. You’ve got a broken mesh and Doublesided is not the way to fix it.

If you read my post you should probably have noticed that I mentioned that I’m new to blender, how would I know that my normals are reversed if I have little to no experience on blender?

I also mentioned that I tried various posts before actually posting for help since I know answering an already answered question is annoying, however, from the solutions I tried, none worked, perhaps I searched in the wrong place since I don’t know what a normal is and I don’t know why mine are reversed

Now I got it to work after googling how to fix reversed normals

Anyway, you mentioned Doublesided is not the way to fix it, yet, you’re not telling me which is the right way to do so.

Did you select part of the model then checked off export selected?

Nope, I selected all parts of the model

Oh, then it might be the format, I use .obj, and it works all the time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.