Issue when importing meshes into studio

Good morning/afternoon,

I want to know how this guy is able to get the meshes to spawn in the right spots when importing the meshes.

Video link is below

When I import the meshes they spawn in different areas and the wrong sizes. I also then have to put it all together by hand which takes forever.

Below is a image of what happens when I import

I have no idea why it does it. Sometimes the mesh is smaller than when it is in blender/sketchup.

You could always just click on the car mesh body itself, then copy the position, then paste the position to the windows.

If that doesnt work though.

Delete those parts, go into toolbox, and find your meshes, then see if it still persists, if it does, then I don’t really know what the issue would be then :man_shrugging:.

If it goes ontop of eachother, disable collisions.

2 Likes

it happens when I import every single part of the car. I might try the collision idea

In Blender, you have to prep your file carefully prior to exporting, to make sure there aren’t extra transforms in Blender that are making the parts aligned and scaled correctly that are not being included (or supported) by the FBX format when you export. Everything in the parent-child hierarchy of the mesh in Blender can have a TRS transform, including Empties, Armatures, etc.

The easiest thing to do, is make sure all your meshes have the same parent, and go through and Ctrl-A (Apply) “All Transforms” on everything, so that all your meshes have their origin at 0,0,0 world space, are scale 1.0,1.0,1.0 and have no rotation. When you do this, Blender is baking all their world-space transforms down into their vertices, so that the model’s local space and world space values are the same.

If you do this, all the parts will line up, because literally everything (the vertices of every piece) will be using the same coordinate space.