Issue with following people on Website

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

@hippie_ofdoom has already filed a report, give it some time.

I find this whole issue dumb as it still happness for me to this day (Just shows how many issues the site has

2 Likes

It happened to me too. Just hit send request and then quickly hit follow and unfollow

2 Likes

I’m still experiencing this issue too, when i was trying to follow my friend, it either failed to follow friend, isn’t it frustrating?

2 Likes

They could be trying to get rid of the follow bots, but, either way, this was clearly not the right way to do it.

3 Likes

Yeah If i unfollow all the people im following, it says im folliwing -2 people

1 Like

This is still an ongoing issue.

3 Likes

I have to bump this. This issue is really annoying when trading.

3 Likes

Gotta bump this again. This issue is very annoying and the fact that even after 2 months it is still ongoing raises some concerns.

3 Likes

This has actually been occurring for about five months for me, at first it was seven, then five, and then all the way down to one, the first time i saw this though was back in I think 2018 after following 30 spaced names in a short period of time. But I didn’t think anything of it then. But a few years later and then POOF! Down to seven, five and finally one.

1 Like

Bumping because this clearly hasn’t been fixed after 4 years. smh. Not good.

4 Likes

Same issue here. I tried to follow some people, yet it tells me… That.
Weird thing is, that’s on my secondary laptop - on my primary, there is no such issue.

5 Likes

welp, doesnt work for me either. RIP

3 Likes

bumping because this issue is still going on

4 Likes

Can confirm this. I believe this has been happening on my desktop (could of been mobile but I’ve definitely received it).

Browser: Opera Stable

2 Likes

Roblox decided to make followers and following alphabetically ordered, which screwed up the system for both. Now since the website’s code is trying to alphabetize the following and followers page every time I load it. Due to it trying to rearrange it users tend to repeat on pages as on previous pages the newly loaded and alphabetized users push the old ones that already loaded back. This doesn’t complete fix until you go through all pages on following/followers.

Hi! I am posting this message to confirm as of April 7th, this issue is still occurring on Roblox website. With the information I know about the issue, it seems buggy on what players you can follow as on the latest update of Google Chrome browser, I successfully followed the player “paul da mon” then seconds later attempted to follow “Merely” which resulted in the “Sending acceptFriendRequest is failed!” error. I’ve never had this issue occur on any device before, so I’m guessing this is a recent website bug. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon because of the features importance.

2 Likes

I decided to take a further look and go onto the browser console to see the network output, and it seems that every time it fails it gives a 429 error which means “Too Many Requests.” (In the photo below)

It seems like what is happening is that after you follow just one or two people, when you try to follow another person it times out and fails because Roblox has thought you have spammed the server with too many requests within a set amount of time. Therefore, the cause is likely that Roblox has set the protection way too strict as to how many follow requests you can send in a certain amount of time. To fix this, they could try to make the maximum number of people you can follow in 10 minutes around 10 accounts, as it will account for people who like to follow lots of other people while still keeping the follow bots out, as they often follow hundreds or thousands of accounts in a minute.

4 Likes

It happens to me after following one person… the very next person, I can’t… I have reached my limit of 200 friends so if 3 people send me a friend request, I typically say I’ll follow you, but end up not being able to, immediately… only maybe one person and that’s it.

1 Like