Please title your bug report post with a meaningful and descriptive title. Misleading or uninformative titles may result in bugs being overlooked and not addressed as quickly as possible.
[Title is above]
What issue are you having?
When a (local)script, like a free-model car, sets the FieldOfView off the 1-120 range, it sets it to nan, nan(ind), or inf(?).
- Describe what is happening when the bug occurs.
The screen goes black, sometimes with random color depending on where the camera is(?).
- Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
A warn output saying
FieldOfView set out of range, should be between 1.000000 and 120.000000, setting to 70, then set to 70
Does the bug happen 100% of the time?
Yes, when it goes past the 1-120 FOV setting.
If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug?
Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior. Please make sure that any places used to describe a bug are Active and joinable.
1-Grab a LocalScript
2-Tell it to get the camera
3-Tell it to set its FOV past 1-120 (0, 199, or even high number (positive or negative) will do)
1-Grab a free-model can that adjust the FOV settings
2- Run or Run Here
3- Go to Server (On Run)
4-Get inside the driver seat
5-On Server, go into the car’s model
6-Go inside the model containing parts (Sometimes it’s in groups of models)
7-Set its velocity to any direction at high speeds, like 0,12786457653,0
8-Wittness your screen (Client Camera) go black after going back to Client
- Where does the bug happen? (www, gametest, etc)
Did it in studios with Accu. Play, so it may happen on servers, too!
- What type of platform are you on? (Mac, PC, Android, iOS, XBox, etc)
- Which OS and version are you using?
Windows 10 64-bit
- Is it level-specific? Is it game specific?
- Please post a link to (at least one) game or file that exhibits the issue.
Nope! doing it in Studios may do the trick.
- Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone?
- If so, post one.
Picture of its madness:
For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
Not GFX Card related.
For desktop performance bugs, please include an uploaded micro-profile dump.
- Creating a dump is done like this: Ctrl+F6; Dump menu; 32 frames; generates HTML file in
C:\Users\USER\ or /Users/user/; upload HTML file on your bug report.
Not a desktop bug.
- When did the bug start happening?
- If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
Started on 10/16/19 when I saw it do such thing to FOV.
- Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
Add a check and see if it’s out of the scale. If it is, then set to 70.