Issue with game lagging when chat is used

I don’t know what category to put this in.

So basically, whenever someone sends a message that would tag and is long it will show as a blank. But that message lags the game. Whenever people talk after that, ti lags really bad.

The messages that work:
Anything that’s long, and must tag.

Really lags:
“aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”,
"Dangit I thought it was a new stage :sob:Dangit I thought it was a new stage :sob:Dangit I thought it was a new stage :sob:Dangit I thought it was a new stage :sob:Dangit I thought it was a new stage "

I was unable to look for any posts on dev hub or whatever it is as I don’t know what to look for.

Here’s the game incase my explanation wasn’t clear. [Update 2] Tower of Rage - Roblox

do you have scripts that possibly modify the chat?

I thought it was the /me command enabler, but removed that and it’s not that. THe only thing I can think of is the chat tags, but I don’t even remember what script runs them.

hmmm… try replicating what you did in this video in a random new baseplate. If it does the same, this is simply just a roblox bug.

I have tried it in other games, but it didn’t work. So it might just be the chat tags. But if I remove them and it doesn’t work idk what it is.

so you have a custom script that tags the chat messages? If so this is why your game is lagging.

It’s not a script that tags messages, it’s a chat tag script like [Owner]: King_GamingRobloxYT: Hi.

oh alright. Have you tried on an account that doesn’t have the owner tag?

I believe I did, but I am not 100% sure, I will try it rn.

It does lag still.

well, might be because of the code inside your game. Otherwhise, no idea. But have you tried just simply getting rid of the tag script?

Hey, having the same issue; is it similar to this?

I wouldn’t say it’s similar to that. I found out the issue. I deleted every script that was under “Chat” and it fixed the lag. I forgot to post that here for other developers having the issue.

Solution

I found the solution.

If you’re experiencing this, try deleting every script that is under “Chat”. If it still happens, I honestly have no idea what is causing yours to lag, but that’s what fixed mine.

Thanks to everyone who assisted me in this post.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.