Issue with HasTag("SelectedParts") in Character Customization Menu, Global vs Local

The following script attached to this post functions by letting the player select body parts and color them. This script does not function on it’s own, so you’ll have to guess the other dependencies/scripts I use as you won’t be able to test it out indivdiually.
This script functions as it should, when combined with other scripts in my game, however there is a fatal flaw with it. The “HasTag” system I use for coloring parts is global, not local.

An example of this issue can be shown here:

Here’s a link to the script so you can take a look at the ~2000 redundant lines and point out where the issue occurs.

If that’s refusing to load, check out the older version of it.

for friend’s game (massively cut down and readable) Script.txt (74.4 KB)
original script Script2.txt (31.2 KB)

This script is part of the framework for 2+ upcoming games and I need to identify the issue quickly. This is urgent! Thanks in advance!

Locally assign the tags or use a unique tag per player.

2 Likes

you could just add a Ownertag to the parts of the character when you morph them use the players name then when you go to color them Check if that tag is there

from what i see in the script it could be rewritten to include a table for the parts that need the color changed etc

if you did this with argument table then you could just use one color event

1 Like

nvm my smart collaborator fixed it for me LMAOOO sorry to disappoint (they equated my code to yandere sim and warned me never to use devforum again)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.