Issue with movement animations and collisions

I’ve been having this issue for a while now whenever I try scripting a animation that involves movement. specifically dashes (using body velocity).

Here’s a gif showing the issue.

Here’s roughly what I’m trying to achieve while on the ground (although the fall animation kind of overlaps is well:

What basically happens is whenever I come into contact with a surface while the animation is playing the walk animation automatically begins overlapping with it creating a weird outcome.

I’ve already tried every animation priority and they all have roughly the same result. I’ve also tried messing around with the collision groups of my character as well as hipheight, and walkspeed but to no surprise nothing changed.

local anim = Player.Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(ServerStorage.Dash)
anim:Play()

Any suggestions ?

Well to begin with the “gifs” above are actually jpgs, so might wanna fix that. But if you set the animation priority to Action then unless the walk animation is also on action it shouldn’t overlap, so not sure what’s going on there. I would suggest checking to see what priority the walk animation is, and also make sure the dash animation is on action.

The dash animation is on action and since I don’t use any custom animation scripts for the default animations, walk and run is automatically set to core I believe.