Issue With Sit Animation

I want to create a custom sitting animation for my game “ROXY”

The issue is, is that when we upload it when the main person who made the animation - It works for him whereas when I sit on it “Animation is for a seat” it doesn’t work - Then when we upload it to my game it doesn’t work for either of us. How do I fix this problem?

Here are some screenshots to make it more clear!

Then when I sit on it

Note we are both Using R15 And the seat is only R15 compatible.

5 Likes

Hey, :wave:

I believe that the animations only work if they were uploaded to Roblox by the person who owns the game, have you tried doing that?

1 Like

Yes, still only works for him in his own game, and not for me and my own game “when
He uploads it himself it still doesn’t work in my game”

1 Like

Is the game owned by them or is under a group?

1 Like

The game where he done the animations is done by him, but is needed for my game different game studio

1 Like

Did you make sure you set the Animation ID correctly?

1 Like

To mention about sitting animation, you have to make sure if a dev that animates for you gave a copy of animations saved in the character they animated

if you’re the game owner, ask the animator if he/she gave you the animation to the rigs

Your animations from dev uploaded directly to their inventory cannot be used if it’s pasted into your game because it is under protected by anti-thief API so it is best that you upload it to your inventory when he gave you one

if the animation is under a Group then you can use it for group games only

1 Like

Yes.
And we tried different animations as well still nothing.

1 Like

If your game is under a group, the animation should be uploaded to the group else it won’t appear to anyone except for the person who uploaded it.

Also, I’d just recommend keeping your games under groups, it’s easier to manage funds that way

2 Likes

Seems odd. What is the script you are using for the sit animation?

1 Like

Still doesn’t work, we are on his studio and we are both on r15 - Scaled the same way - same animation and it still fails.

1 Like

Can you please send the source code used in the script for the seat?

1 Like

seat = script.Parent
function added(child)
if (child.className==“Weld”) then
human = child.part1.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”)
if human ~= nil then
anim = human:LoadAnimation(seat.sitanim)
anim:Play()
end
end
end

function removed(child2)
if anim ~= nil then
anim:Stop()
anim:Remove()
end
end

seat.ChildAdded:connect(added)
seat.ChildRemoved:connect(removed)

1 Like

maybe you didnt correctly declare what property of the animation that defines the animation id?

1 Like

The script itself is fine but the issue is it only works for him and only in his studio.

1 Like

I recommend using local to declare variables. For the last function, you never declared what anim means. You only declared it for the first one.

1 Like

Reupload the animation to the game itself, whether it is under a group or a user. And set the new animation IDs. I am out of ideas for you bud, my fault.

1 Like

Don’t worry, i’ve already tried that. Maybe its just a roblox issue because Ive done these types of things before but this is the first time im having a issue.

1 Like

Let me make it clear to you that, it’s not any script issue or animation issue. When the developer uploaded the animations to roblox, they did not set “Creator” as the group the game is in which is causing the issue. I’ve worked for a Vibe game and I have had the same issue.

To fix it, simply re-upload the animations and make sure to select group as the creator. Then replace the IDs. Ask your developer to upload the animations on YOUR group and use the new IDs.

4 Likes

Thank you, it worked first try.

1 Like