Issue with SurfaceGUI LightInfluence and shadows

After a Studio update on Friday (October 5th), I started seeing things happening in my game with SurfaceGUIs - they either go completely white or black like on the last image and on the The Turner’s sign(appear as LightInfluence 0, even though it’s set to 1) and in some cases strange shadows or gradients on them. After moving the parts with this issue, it seems as something with shadows is causing the issue. This occurs in both ingame and Studio - it happens when copying the same items into a new game aswell.

All of the SurfaceGUIs pictured below are set to colour 255,255,255 and LightInfluence 1.

Front

Back (Shows as black but supposed to be white)

Front

Left (Set to LightInfluence 1 but is showing as LightInfluence 0)

1 Like

Do you mean 0?

They’re set to 0. Thé bug is that they keep appearing and acting as though it was set to 1.

You should include a link to the game or attach a file with a repro so that the bug can be investigated.

2 Likes

That’s not what it sounds like…? “ and all of them are set to Lightinfluence 1”

I understand the issue, I’m just saying it’s weirdly phrased. Saying they’re set to Lightinfluence 1 makes it look like they’re working as intended.

The last image on the post is set to LightInfluence 1 but shows as 0 (glowing). I understood that my phrasing was confusing so I edited the post a bit to make it more clear what I’m pointing at.

Whoops, I had mixed them up; they’re set at 1 but appear as 0.

Nah, you were correct the first time. Light influence 0 shouldn’t be effected by light at all; it should be bright white. This is why

Is confusing.

Looks like it got inverted for some reason.

1 Like

Can you please post or send me a file with an example where this occurs?

I sent you a message with the file and it shows the issues that I am experiencing.

It seems like the latest update has fixed the issues, the SurfaceGUIs are back to how they used to be.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.