Issue with unions not having collisions

May I ask when will you fix unions not having collisions it has allowed a-lot of unions for example:
Custom Lift doors having no collisions so people can walk straight into the elevator shaft which should not happen. When will unions have collisions again?

The only temporary fix I can find for having a collision box with a union is an invisible part that has collisions.

Try changing the union’s CollisionType. For further help, try one of the development support categories!

I have tried all the options in “CollisionFidelity” and toggled “CanCollide” all the results are the same the block has no collisions regardless. But I don’t see “CollisionType”

He already meant CollisionFidelity.

Try this plugin to check what is happening with your collision meshes because this is a bug which just might be on your side.

2 Likes

Hello there, It isn’t just on my side since 20 other of my friends in the lift community are also experiencing this, Heres some photos with and without the filter, the very colourful ones do not have collisions.

I even got a friend to test this on a completely different computer and operating system and it has the same results… This has been happening for a few months now.

Remember these are all unions not meshes since meshes have no problem with collisions
55%20pm 03%20pm

Here are some models with the unions and they have collision issues with some stuff which I don’t understand why, feel free to experiment.
Cortex Elevator Gen1 - Roblox (The one I used in the images)
Collision issues - Roblox

1 Like

Then it is definitelly a bug with Roblox. You could try copying the right door, separating it and mirroring the parts before re-unioning it to re-create the left one.

Also, if you don’t need precise collisions, you should select Hull or even Box fidelity as it decreases network usage when loading your place and improves performance.

Oh I wasn’t the one who created the model the CEO/Founder of cortex elevators made it by the way, ok so after experimenting some things have collisions some don’t, Also what do you mean by precise collisions?

If it is a door, then you probably don’t need 7 convex shapes on a single side. Having them act as boxes instead of precise collision meshes would be better.

Hmm i’m very confused here how would I make them act like boxes? Not that used to unions that all really also, do you have discord so we can talk there?