Issue with Vehicle stability on large objects. Possibly Network Ownership

Introduction
Vehicles become unstable with other people on it or movement.

Background
In my game we have these blimps that players can control. I control them on the client due to not wanting to spam the server with small movements and since I made this as my first script there are issues. I use Network Ownership to keep the ship from being change from client to server randomly. When I fly bigger airships about bigger than 100 studs it seems that other players being on your ship and jumping from your seat and sitting mess up Network ownership. I can provide more details if needed. This shouldn’t be happening as these same conditions occur on smaller ships.

Attempts
I’ve attempted to find if there was any other Vehicle seat outside of the driver seat which there isn’t. I’ve also tried to double check the Network Ownership statement but that was correct. I’ve tried many other things as well but I can’t list them all here.

Goal
I want the ships to be stable at all sizes. I don’t want player activity messing us the ship and causing to shake.

1 Like

The pilot should retain network ownership the entire time they’re flying it. You can use these debug visualization settings to see which character has ownership, as well as the ownership assignment regions for each character.

Verify the blimp assembly can’t be automatically reassigned with this method.

There’s a good chance it’s not the network ownership causing this; but the physics forces of the other Humanoid’s acting on the assembly. You can try to mitigate this by increasing the maximum force values of whatever movers or constraints you’re using for it.

I tested with what you suggested and it seems my theory was true. The server unassigned me as the owner and changes it to the server if no one is sitting or it sets the player who is sitting as owner. This is odd as this never happens on the smaller ships. Also I tried setting my bodyvelocity to math.huge which does not help at all. It returns true for being re assignable after I sit in any of the chair but returns false before I sit in any of the chairs. I have made a temporary solution of giving bodyvelocity on the server have a high force so it doesn’t drop but I still need the client to be in control of the ship. This seems like an odd issue.

1 Like

Oddly enough Massless was the cause of the problem? Maybe someone should submit this to Roblox or correct me but shouldn’t Massless not affect Network ownership? This issue has nothing to do with size luckily. If anyone wants any specifics I’m willing to give any out. Summary is that Massless being on leads to Network ownership flipping on a vehicle if the player leaves the seat or enters.