Issues with CFraming parts on a character (Dead)

Basically, I’m attempting to clone a dead player that has a head replaced with a gib, said gib is welded onto a fake head made by the player then positioned on the player. The problem is how I position the reference part on the player. The reference part intends for the player to be standing upright but this issue with this is when I am rebuilding the HeadRefrence and the player is on the floor I can’t properly set the CFrame.

local headReference = Instance.new("Part", targetCharacter)
	headReference.Name = "HeadReference"
	headReference.Size = Vector3.new(0.5, 0.5, 0.5)
	headReference.CanCollide = false
	headReference.CanTouch = false
	headReference.Anchored = false
	headReference.Transparency = 1
	headReference.CFrame = torso.CFrame + Vector3.new(0, 1, 0) # Main Issue Here

local headGoreInstance = Blood.Parent.HeadGib:Clone()
	headGoreInstance.Parent = workspace.LBS
	headGoreInstance:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(headReference.CFrame)
	weld(headGoreInstance.PrimaryPart, headReference) #Simply just a weld constraint

Image below depicts how the CFrame will spawn the model above the player because of torso.CFrame + Vector3.new(0, 1, 0)
Fake roblox gore

What I have tried:

1: Cloning the character set everything, attach the gib and after x amount of time make the characters parent workspace

2: Outright Cloning the character after giving a x amount of time, HeadRefrence and gib both fall off

3: Asking AI (Fail)

I’m aware that you could possibly make a template player inside replicated storage and deal with humanoid descriptions and other stuff but atm looking for possible fix with the CFrame.

-Thanks

Try

CFrame.new(0, 2.5, 0) * torso.CFrame

Or something like that.
You’ll have to replace 2.5 with how much higher the head is than the torso. I forget the R6 body dimensions.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, currently looking more into the CFrame positioning and not vector3, staying up late and trying to code is not the best combo lol. Anyways I got it working thanks for the help even if its the small things.

Result:
Contains roblox gore (again)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.