Issues with message notifications not going away + being notified after selecting a user to message

My issue initially came about after a friend sent me a message over the roblox chat (he was on mobile).
After viewing the chat, the red circle icon that appears next to the chat icon at the bottom of the screen wouldn’t disappear, even after viewing the message multiple times. This was the first issue.

The second issue arose when I tried opening chats with other friends to see if maybe I have an unread message from someone else. After selecting a friend to message and backing out of that page the number inside the red icon increased by 1. Every time I select a new person to message from the list the number increases by 1, it wouldn’t increase if I selected someone I’d already selected.
Whilst writing this I decided to reply to the original message that was sent to me to see if that would fix the issue and it did, to an extent. Whilst none of the notifications I have disappeared I no longer receive new ones when I select someone from the list to message.
I have notifications turned off for the app so I don’t know if it sends push notifications to my phone, its just a problem when the app is open.

I wrote this on mobile so I apologise if my writing is poorly structured. Let me know if you need extra details.

4 Likes

I second this, it’s been annoying for so long. I was really close to ad-blocking the whole chat when this issue came up yesterday.

3 Likes

UPDATE:
Restarting the app removes all “empty” notifications.

Hi Urbanize, can you share your device info? Device and OS version would be useful. And are you on the latest app?

Wow, you managed to catch me just before I was going offline!
I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I can confirm the app was up to date when I experienced the issue.
I should also mention that attempts to reproduce the second glitch (selecting people to message produces a new notification) resulted in failure.

1 Like

Can you share your user id? I want to make sure which chat you’re seeing.

I found that replying to the message removes the notification, but my friend complained that they were stuck with it afterwards.

This happens to me as well, and it is super annoying. I am also on a Samsung Galaxy S8 with the app updated, and my user ID is 39979813.

Hi, sorry for bumping a 4 years old topic, this is occuring for me right now:

I’ve already opened the chat, but the unread count doesn’t wanna go away, when I reply it disappears but the other user will then get stuck with the notification again.

I believe there is a endpoint to fix this before (or force it to be set to read), but unfortunately I don’t remember what it was