Issues With Non-Existent Collision Groups

Ok so, on one of my projects, I put all player character and avatar parts in a collisiongroup named “Humanoids”. The humanoids collision group is designed to collide with everything in the environment, but not itself. That way players don’t collide with each other.

At some point later in development that collisiongroup was deleted (not sure by who or what), but the code still set the CollisionGroup to “Humanoids”.

On PC, Console, and most mobile devices, this wasn’t an issue. It just behaved as if it were the normal default collision group, so nobody was able to notice the problem.

However, on the majority of tablet devices, players were now able to walk through solid objects. For some reason, on tablet, setting character parts to a non-existent collision group, gives them no-clip through all parts, except parts that share their non-existent group.

Obviously I’ve inadvertently done something developers are not supposed to do, I’m not arguing to make support for that. I’m just simply pointing out that whatever fail-safes there are for this, they don’t seem to be working on Tablet.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

1 Like