Issues with OBJ File Import: Distortion and Transparency Problems (inside out mesh)

I’m having trouble with my OBJ file. It looks perfect in Blender, but when I try to import it into my game or studio, it appears distorted and I can see through the model to the inside.

This is really frustrating :frowning: , and I need some help figuring out why this is happening. It seems like there might be issues with the normals, or perhaps the export settings from Blender are not set correctly.

Any advice on how to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Have you looked at the RenderFidelity property?

1 Like

looks a little better but i think you can see whats wrong with it…
c4358534c0b3938212a85b0b6784e691204b8c6c

2 Likes

Do you have the double-sided property checked?

1 Like

yes… i have it on… i can still see the inside from outside and it still looks Distorted…

Inside blender when you go into edit mode under “Mesh” there should be an option to recalculate the outside of the mesh (make sure to select all the vertices you want to face outside). This button should be under Mesh > Normals > Recalculate outside. Click the button and nothing should happen in blender but it should fix the issue in Roblox.

I think this belongs in #help-and-feedback:building-support. This way, you can reach out to more builders that are active specifically in that category.

1 Like

…Thanks for letting me know! :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

How much tris are in the mesh? It could be that it’s too high poly, and the mesh importer is trying to decimate it.
This could be fixed by splitting the mesh into pieces.

1 Like

Thanks that works perfectly!!!

1 Like