It is now 4:49 in the morning and I've finally finished

Finally finished this.http://www.roblox.com/Testing-Limited-Trading-System-place?id=164077225

Be sure to go to the store and buy the 3 “Collectibles” first, so you have something to trade. You can get an ID just like real limiteds on roblox, which also works cross-server, and inventories save. Collectibles are the same thing as roblox limiteds in that they have a limited amount, cost a certain amount of Robux to buy, and can be traded as well as used.

Now, to trade find someone in-game. Click on them. Now press “Friend Request” (NOT ROBLOX’S) and wait for them to accept. Now go to your friends tab and press the Hand icon. A GUI will pop up like this:

http://www.roblox.com/Grand-City-of-Robloxia-PreAlpha-Paid-Access-Test-place?id=161573255 and then I`ll insert some legitimate Collectible items and see what happens to the economy. Enjoy!

Thoughts? I’ll be finishing it in a few hours.

wait is this like ROBLOX trading but in-game?

Looks great :smiley:

Pretty much a 100% Replica with some of my own add-ons. You add “Collectibles” (Limited) furniture into your trades. Once you are happy with your deal you press “Agree”. If the other person presses “Agree” aswell then one person can press the “Send” button (still adding) and it asks the other user once more if they would like to make the offer final by agreeing once more. If both parties clicked agree, and the final request goes through the player swap items. (PS: Once you press agree the first time you can no longer edit your side of the trade)

The ‘Collectibles’ (limiteds) work 100% like they do on roblox. I upload a model, put a picture and a pricetag on it, then set how many I want to sell. Players from ALL servers then get access to this pool of Collectibles until they sell out. There is also a feature to make sure nobody buys a limited twice. There is also a system to make sure everything saves/loads on leave/enter. Gonna reply in an hour or two to show you guys what the final version looks like.

Here to change something: Gonna make both parties “Agree” state change to not-agree state if anyone changes anything in the trade.

Is this Animal Crossing you’re making, basically?

If so, kudos

[quote] Is this Animal Crossing you’re making, basically?

If so, kudos [/quote]

Except 2D leaves don’t animate out of your torso once you place an item. Lol [size=1]Only those who have played the game will understand…[/size]

Never played or seen animal crossing. The game is about getting a job where you actually do things for money which is used to customize your apartment and buy furniture and Collectibles and cars and boats.

Trading now works :slight_smile:

You need two-step trading: That is, an “are you sure with this final trade: {…}”.

Because, users can remove items at the last second as their trading partner is accepting, and the accept will happen on the server before the trading partner actually sees the item get removed and has a chance to adjust their side.

[quote] You need two-step trading: That is, an “are you sure with this final trade: {…}”.
[/quote]
He could just make it so that a trading party can only be in an ‘accepted’ state if no changes have been made within a few seconds.

So If A and B have their items in, A is about to press accept, and B then at the last moment changes the offer and quickly accepts, both accepts are cancelled because changes were made within a short time period.

Of course that is under the assumption that the network latency is not too high, which might happen in some very rare cases.

Stravant, no need. If the other guy changes any item in his inventory the entire trade is called back into the non agreement state.

You still have a problem. The following happen concurrently on the clients:

• Player 1 removes item #1 and agrees
  • Player 2 agrees to the trade

It is possible that the items arrive in the following order:
Server removes item #1 (Setting state to not accepted)
Server gets “agree” from player #1
Server gets “agree” from player #2
but…
All of that can happen before Player 2 actually sees that Player #1 has removed something from the trade.

You can fix this, you just have to be careful to attach a “what set of items is being agreed to” value to the “agree” requests.

[quote] You still have a problem. The following happen concurrently on the clients:

• Player 1 removes item #1 and agrees
  • Player 2 agrees to the trade

It is possible that the items arrive in the following order:
Server removes item #1 (Setting state to not accepted)
Server gets “agree” from player #1
Server gets “agree” from player #2
but…
All of that can happen before Player 2 actually sees that Player #1 has removed something from the trade.

You can fix this, you just have to be careful to attach a “what set of items is being agreed to” value to the “agree” requests. [/quote]

Sorry but not fully understanding. If what you mean is player 2 requests an altered trade from player 1 without knowing it, then it won’t matter. He doesn’t know about it so the trade will act with the old data, as each player does the others inventory work.

Dang, the whole limited furniture system & trading sounds awesome. Nice work.

Thanks, just wrapped it up.

I just wanted to inform you that you will be very rich when you get the place done.

Hahaha thanks. It’s not mainly for the money though, I am making this because I want to play it myself.

Hahaha thanks. It’s not mainly for the money though, I am making this because I want to play it myself.[/quote]
Yeah, difficult to make a game you dont like :stuck_out_tongue: