It needs to be easier to interface with internal Luau analysis

As a Roblox developer, it is too difficult to create plugins for scripts that rely on the analysis of a script.

We need analysis features because right now, for example, if I wanted to provide context aware autocompletes with RegisterAutocompleteCallback, I’d have to either recode the entire analysis tool or write multple messy regex patterns.

If Roblox were to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to make my autocompletes context aware as well as providing hooks into other parts of the analysis tool such as variable types or modules.

6 Likes

Could you help me better understand what you hope Roblox could provide specifically for the following?

• make autocompletes context aware
  • provide hooks into other parts of the analysis tool such as variable types or modules

Hold on misread the post.

What I’m looking for is the second answer, the ability to read tokenisation data such as variable types and module imports.

So for example:

ScriptAnalysis.GetVariables() -> some referencer showing where variable are defined, what they are, and what the type of the variable is

5 Likes