It should be possible to use Roblox Studio offline

This feature request / proposed solution can be closed out, creator leadership confirmed they will not work on this:

It’s probably better to make posts about specific problems rather than the proposed solution “studio must work off-line”. You could make separate posts about specific problems you are having while not connected to the internet so they can address those piecemeal.

3 Likes

Isn’t the main issue based on the premise that studio isn’t offline compatible? If it is, wouldn’t all offline requests be under the umbrella of that response?

Even the premise of working with patchy connections seems a bit confusing. If I have a period of stable connections and patchy connections in lets say an hour, studio would only ever function, within that hour, when the connection is stable and can connect to all the things studio is using / depend on. When I have a patchy connection, the issue is almost always not being able to connect to Roblox’s services. I feel like its one of the main drives / purposes of this feature request; to be able to use Studio when the connection isn’t stable enough to access those services. I am not sure how Studio can be “robust and performant in those scenarios” (in relation to this thread) when you need a constant internet connection.

That response avoids / dances around directly addressing the core issues of offline compatibility, subsequently any features that would fall under that umbrella and says no.

Genuinely confused why it would be worth even bringing those things to light. Especially, given that answer.

1 Like

It’s very possible the pin-pointed problem statements would get rejected too, but it gives a different / more focused lens on the problem that could lead to them exploring different solutions.

For example, maybe Studio as a whole cannot be an offline product, but if we had a feature request like “Cannot consistently run play solo on patchy connections”, it might be possible for them to do better caching/mocking of network requests such that if Studio already has things cached, maybe it can just work.

I am not pained by these kind of particular problems myself atm so I’m not the best to describe them, above is just a specific example.

My main concern with the reply right above is I just wanted to connect the latest answer from the Roblox team with this feature request since I happened to see it fly by.

1 Like