Items in a Folder Won't Change Its Order

Problem

The way my shop GUI organizes the swords is from the items folder. I need to organize it the way I would like it. However, when Roblox Studio organizes the swords they sort it in alphabetical order. I can’t change the name of the sword since I’ve already used the sword name in other areas of the game. They are organized so they appear differently in my UI. My script takes the swords from the bottom of the list up and puts them in my shop left to right. The problem with this is that some swords I want in different spots in my shop. Therefore, I must change the order of the swords inside the items folder.

Attempted Solutions

I’ve tried dragging the swords around to organize it but that won’t do anything. Here is a video of me trying to organize the swords

When you press the link you download the video.

Conclusion

If you need any more information please be willing to do so by replying. If there is no solution then maybe in the future you’ll be able to change and items organization.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure I understand the problem. Is the issue the way you would like to access the swords, or is it in the resulting way they are organized that they appear differently in your UI?

They are organized so they can appear differently in my UI.

So how do you want them organized? I’m just not getting how the order they are in the folder relates to how they appear in your UI.

My script takes the swords from the bottom of the list up, and puts them in my shop left to right. The problem with this is that some swords I want in different spots of my shop. Therefore, I must change the order of the swords inside the items folder.

Ahh okay,

Well there’s these new layout objects.

Most UI Elements have a little property called layout order.

You can set a property on the layout itself to choose how it arranges your UI elements.

Like so. You can choose between LayoutOrder which uses the number you set in the Element itself. E.g Text Label with lower numbers appearing before higher numbers.

Or you can use name which does it alphabetically.

5 Likes