It's possible to stop a 'DoS' attack in Roblox?

I believe it is possible to retrieve server ips if you use enough things to return it, player ips are usually mored masked atleast for robloxs case, but maybe he found a way to spam the server and cause it to lag out, to which there may not be much you can do to stop these people.

So is this about your game or a you? Cause it looks like it’s about you.

If thats that case than if hes grabbing and individual players ip then how is it lagging the whole server, maybe because that person is connected to the game with other players?

Hm hes probably using FilterShark or some kind of network request program

It’s about my game, I wouldn’t be causing any trouble, but he comes, ruins the game, makes me loose, revenue,players, and popularity

No, as of current there are no ways to grab people via roblox like this, there used to be a bug that allowed people to return ips but it got patched pretty sure, its more likely a attack to roblox servers than individuals, what I assume is once he gets the server ip he puts it in the gui and tells the injected code to do something against the server, IF this is whats happening.

1 Like

Oh that makes more sense thanks for explaining it

He did something else, on internet, he entered a page, placed it there, I don’t remember much.

So, is there a way to stop this? Or do I have to keep attempt to ban his ugly alts, not to be rude but,
how low life this people is.

Well the first thing is like why is he targeting you specifically?
Ive seen alot of your posts regarding this guy

Basically, he bought all gamepasses, which I was thankful with him!
Than, he broke some TOS rule, he made Suicide roleplay, so My staff had to ban them, I unbanned him, and told him to not do it again

All was ok, but than, he treathed me, unban, or exploit, he started going rouge, so I perm banned him, and I got tired of him crashing down my servers, so he got unban and 2Million cash in-game, obviously, he wanted more, and he kepts exploiting, so I had to ban.

he claimed he was falsely banned.

1 Like

It really depends, we don’t know how his code works, so it may not be a full DOS but rather he could just be throwing you off putting it there, I doubt someone would go through the effort of ddosing every server even if they are petty, I also don’t recommend getting in media calls with these people directly just on the case he is 100% messing with ips, you’re not masked from them stealing your IP information from the call (This is a thing that happens, it’s always best to use a vpn with people you don’t trust in calls)

I mean, I really don’t care what they do with my IP, what’s the worst he can do? know where I live?

Well if he’s ddosing your servers he could ddos you and stop you from using your internet at all which will make it way harder to develop, I wouldn’t chance calling people like that without protection.

How about you try to negotiate with him and sorry if this sounds insane but befriend him, but not actually obviously, sometimes compliance is the best way to go about it

I’ve tried, but he keeps asking for more, he wanted unban, now he wants ‘sheriff in game’, now he wants admin, and than he wantes USD.

This might be drastic but how about you make a whole new group, change your name, change the game name and just basically go off the grid but in roblox

That’s pretty drastic, let’s say this is 100% a ddos and even if it was not, and this guy is now threatening to get paid, roblox should investigate this and possibly ip ban him from the site, he’s obviously using clients and maliciously threatening a another user with blackmail. Unless he vpns, he’s obviously breaking quite a few laws here, and possibly some rules, you shouldn’t need to play “buddy buddy” with someone like this.

3 Likes

Yeah thats really true, this is a real problem for var and like I think maybe going off the grid is the best option because roblox obviously wont do anything anytime soon

He’s vping, a paid VPN, I e-mailed Roblox, no answer yet 2 days

He doens’t have any crew ^

A friend of me, could get him into a call, and stole his IP twice, first it was at new jersey, than chicago.