It's possible to stop a 'DoS' attack in Roblox?

It’s possible to stop a ‘DoS’ attack in Roblox?
Please, I need to stop this.

Not that I’m aware of using most casual methods, are you sure it’s not someone just spamming remote events or abusing something to lag servers? Unfortunately there’s no way to currently ban people similar to what the website does so the most you can do is try to iron out anything someone is abusing if that’s the case and that probably won’t be changing considering how adamant the staff are about it.

1 Like

‘Abusing’ what tho?
Remotes, I don’t think so, as I print when remote’s are fired.

What’s dos, I never heard of it.

This is what he means, but currently I think its more just someone abusing something of his game if its lagging that badly.

Oh I meant that was ddos. (30 chars)

I think he might have meant DDOS like basically it stands for distributed denial-of-service and basically it just disrupts traffic to a website or something

I don’t think there’s something they can abuse, as I said, every time a event get’s fired, it prints out, THE

REALLY WEIRD THINK

Is that, when he attacks, my ping goes from 100 ms to 5600.

Wait how are they attacking your specific game?

Well there’s alot of times things don’t go as we expect them that’s one of the many things about scripting, I’m just stating it could be something like that, please don’t get toxic with me like that even if its frustrating that this is potentially happening to you or not, you should try to nail down all the bases before you assume when it comes to that.

He wasnt getting toxic he was informing you on what happens when they DDOS him or his game rather.

he comes in game, and then he makes this:

( I already e-mailed roblox, but still won’t do much, as hes using vpn, and also roblox can’t ip ban(i think), and he keeps saying he got a lot of alts which is true, and he joins and lags)

He’s progressively capping his sentences and refusing that its possibly his games side, that’s not informing that’s pushing that it IS the case, we do not know how much testing he has done nor do we know how his code reacts.

I mean I’m not sure there is a method, but since I read your thread before you maybe could check the server lag with tick and calculate the ping of the server, through a remote function, then you could check how high the server ping is and if it’s greater than let’s say, 500, you can return the value from who is lagging the server and ban them? Just a theory since you can calculate client ping and server ping. And since you are using a remote function you might be able to tell which client is lagging the server since the value is returned.

Wait is that fiddler, and also I dont think theres really much you can do, wait how do you have footage of the DDOSer?

Hmm strange, I’ve never seen a client like that, I wonder if its custom, maybe he found a loophole to game servers themselves somehow, but this is more informative than what was originally posted atleast.

This is the programm he’s using I think

I have no clue on how to stop this, that’s the trouble

Yeah but like what is he using as the IP and the port to DDOS your game like, how is he even accessing that information VIA roblox?

He said he was using a ‘ip getter’ to get server ip