It's possible to stop a 'DoS' attack in Roblox?

Well is crashing your servers really a problem anyway? How many times a day does he do it anyway

1 Like

Well Ive thrown out all my ideas too you and such, Im still really up for the going off the grid because that just might work

1 Like

Looking at his code, its blatantly obvious what hes doing:
Hes spamming every event instead of a singular event

Has it never hit you lot that someone doesn’t have to spam a single remote event, they just spam every remote event which is going to have a totally different effect?

To me, it was obvious when I saw this:

Why would someone equip and unequip in the same second and then equip and unequip in that exact same second?

2 Likes

From all my events, nothing would cause my ping goes to 5000 ms, why my ping would go to 5K?
The even that might lag, is the car spawn, but even if he fired it, I have tick() , so if he tries to fire the remote event 5 times at one second he gets automatically kicked

AEWYU is a staff member. replicate arms it’s a event that wouldn’t lag at all

They could write a pretty easy script to fire all remote events. You should look into remote event security. This is a problem that will be hard to fix.

I was stating in theory if it was a DDOS, I still believe its most likely him abusing something and trying to throw the OP out of the loop more as do you.

Yeah but hes actually DDOSSing him not just spamming remotes

1 Like

But that is the point, he can fire 5 events for example four times and get away with it. Which is 20+ events a second, every second.

1 Like

Maybe the remote spamming might be to throw him off of the DDosing

1 Like

Yes, but he can’t do much firing 5 remotes, and getting kicked
5 remotes wouldnt cause so much lag

1 Like

Hmm maybe but he just needs better remote security after all

1 Like

5 remote events which are stacking constantly, for every request the server doesn’t handle that second it stacks?

20…
40…
60…

Not to mention if its a tool, physics service has to handle new collisions, character has to do animations etc.

1 Like

Try looking into remote event security. Let’s take this one step at a time.

1 Like

Well it depends on what your remote events are doing

2 Likes

That’s where you are a bit wrong, depending on what’s in them they can definitely kill server FPS, to which I tried to explain earlier, but we’re not sure if he’s really ddosing you or if he’s just saying he is to mess with you, anyone can easilly snag the roblox server ips.

2 Likes

Yeah but he showed the program he was using and everything though

1 Like

Can you show us some examples of what some of the remotes he is firing connect to server wise?

2 Likes

As I said, it could be a throwoff, if he shows the OP he has a big scary client with ips, it will make the op go like “OH CRUD HES DDOSING MY SERVERS” similar to this.

3 Likes

As I said, I don’ think he’s firign a remote event, the most ‘bypassable’ remote would be spawn car which looks like this

local lasts = tick()

game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").SpawnCar.OnServerInvoke = function(player,NameOfCar)
				if (tick() - lasts) > 1 then

lasts = tick()
2 Likes

Varjoy, I recommend scanning all your remotes and putting a reasonable “Debounce” timer on them to prevent overuse, that should help with mass spam of remotes, study how long you think is “normal” and test to see if it changes anything.

2 Likes