It's too hard to copy a brick's color onto another brick

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too cumbersome to copy the color of a nearby part.

The color picker only does screen color, meaning I get useless results when really I just want to copy the part color.

9 Likes

Is there a reason why copying and pasting colors isn’t effective enough?

6 Likes

I could definitely see making a case for a tool that functions similarly to Illustrator’s eye dropper tool. Maybe have a right click menu to quick-select which properties/parameters to dupe/transfer to another part/mesh.

Is there already a plug-in that does something like this that someone could recommend?

1 Like

As @VegetationBush said, select the first Part, copy the 3 numbers in the Parts Color shown in your Properties window , then paste that set of numbers into your second Part’s Color.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

2 Likes

Locking parts makes this inconvenient and impossible in some cases.

3 Likes

It’s slow and I’ve had to do it several times in the process of making this map. It could be faster and the world could be a better place

2 Likes

For some niche use case like this, a plugin would be better suited than a full on feature.

2 Likes

It might be a better idea to allow copying properties from an instance to another.

1 Like

I’ve been using this process for years, probably thousands of times and it only takes 4 simple steps.

• Click the Part you want to copy the color from.
  • Double click the color numbers and right click ‘Copy’.
  • Click the second Part.
  • Double click the color numbers and right click 'Paste".

I’m pretty sure a Studio process (or even a plugin) wouldn’t save you as much time as you think it will.

1 Like