Itty Bitty Railway Development Portfolio!

Hello! All the links and images below are from my upcoming tycoon game Itty Bitty Railway :slight_smile:

The game itself allows users to build their own railway and the world around it, with as much customisation and creativity as possible! The game follows my previous project Itty Bitty Airport which c an be found here.

I am compiling these development images together for my RDC 2019 application. Apologies if it is not in the right category, I placed it in here so anyone can read.

Firstly, linked below is the trailer for the game which was released on twitter as the official announcement. It picked up some big twitter attention and people seem to really like the concept.

Below are some more images of development! All landscapes and track seen were built using the tycoon’s sandbox tools.

Showing off some of the new station covers - Users can place these over any station wherever they want to give it a more unique look. I am also hoping to allow users to create their own with primitive poles and roofs.

Early development images after tunnels and bridges were added:

The ability to have multiple tracks at one station:

Quack!

Here is a tweet showcasing the UI generator I had built as it was tedious designing a UI for every different scenario:

Finally, here is a short clip of where the game is at the time posting.

Finally, some FAQs about this project:

Who built the train models?
I built the models myself, mostly as prototypes (in CSG).

What was the most difficult thing about making this game?
The basis of this project was quite difficult to achieve and I had many challenges to overcome. One of the biggest ones was moving up to 40 train models all at the same time with minimal lag for all clients in a server. I managed to develop a system that allows trains to be moved locally on each PC and change the detail of movement depending on how close the player is.

Making anchored parts follow a track with consistent gaps between then was another one of the many challenges I faced in this project but managed to solve with an efficient solution.

When are you hoping to release the game?
I am hoping to release the game by late Summer 2019.

Thanks for reading! I hope I gave some more insight about what I am working on.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.