I've been locked out of my account and I cant get back in

I was locked out of my account on 8/6/2023 around 7 PM CST, and I have not been able to log in ever since. I’ve tried sending myself 1 time codes, but I am not receiving emails nor text messages. I input the correct password and name and it always says “Incorrect username or password”.

My friend says he think’s i’ve been cookie logged, because i DID install an extension the day I got locked out as well. Though it says my account has been offline for 11 hours. I don’t know what to do since i’ve never really been locked out like this. Please help!

16 Likes

You need to contact Roblox Support immediately so they’re able to recover your account (despite how annoying it might be) - Roblox Support Form.

Please make sure that before you install anything onto your browser or device, the programme you are installing comes from a trusted or reputable source! You really have to be cautious of extensions that are not well-known.

1 Like

I’ve sent an email to roblox support last night, still no reply. I’m a bit worried that I wont get a reply back though, as i’ve had issues with receiving emails and messages.

For example, when I tried sending myself a one time code: Nothing, same with my phone number. Though what’s really strange is how I verified my phone number yesterday as well, though when I try sending a one-time code, It wont send me anything.

You can try to create a separate Email to temporarily receive Roblox Support mails. I faced this issue with a really old account, where I suddenly got locked and Roblox wasn’t sending any verification codes. That went on for like 2-3 years of being locked out from that account (praise Roblox Support) until Support finally offered to change my email on that old account.

But back to the point, it may be because of your email provider. You can try to use Gmail if you haven’t.

Unfortunately, doesn’t seem like this worked. I tried sending it to my gmail, but I believe it’s because I didn’t have it linked to my roblox account. My other email was though, but again-nothing came from that one either.

Also by the way, I have no idea how this could’ve happened if I were cookie logged. I didn’t recieve an email that my password had changed either. I don’t know if this is a roblox issue, or if this is a me issue, considering i’ve had some pretty bad wifi for the past couple of days compared to normal

Last resort would be to mark your ticket request to “Account Hacked or Can’t Log In” and request for Support to change your email, because you have tried the possible solutions on their Support Article.

1 Like

I have send a ticket last night and i’m waiting for a response right now. I DID get the confirmation email for sending it, and it seems tickets take some time to come back through, so im just hoping a reply actually comes in.

Though, thank you for trying to help with this situation.

3 Likes

Same thing with me. Sent a msg to support using their link. Got an automated reply back.
And then an actual reply saying they can’t verify my email. I kept telling them that it is the hacker’s email. So, I can’t reset password. And also sent them my billing email from which I bought premium membership. But nothing back yet.

Can you please keep us updated on what worked. Nothing’s working for me. Feels like every message from them is automated.

Hi.

Unfortunately, I was unlucky and seemed to get an automated reply. I just sent another email with my previous ticket, hopefully getting a reply from an actual staff member to help me out with the situation.

I also have a video and screenshot of my account details from a couple months back, so this can hopefully prove my ownership of the account.

For you, you can possibly verify to them with a previous receipt that you purchased Robux, or for your case: Premium?

If this doesn’t work, then I dont know what will. Their phone number I believe wont do any good either, due to it being restricted to only billing issues.

I would think that it’s most likely a roblox bug. I can’t login to mine either, and there seem to be quite a few reports on https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/

2 Likes

Not so sure. I’m able to login to alternate accounts perfectly fine.

call to Roblox office by their number

Correct me if i’m wrong, but i’m pretty sure roblox’s number is available for billing issues only

you’re not right at all.
please at least google at little, you’re ruining my devforum notifications.

No need to be rude about it, but thanks. I’ll try this.

Finally… finally got my account back after 4 days. I’m so happy. None of my robux was taken. And only my birthday was changed. I’m so happy nothing happened. I think I got hacked because I installed a chrome extension for roblox. And maybe the hacker didn’t quite get to my acc yet. I’m so grateful to roblox support :slight_smile:

Were you able to get yours back? I really hope everything works out for you.

I believe it was a roblox issue, but yes. I eventually got my account back. My robux, games, and other important stuff was untouched fortunately. But for some reason, my birth date was set to December 5th of 2021, But i’m contacting roblox about that now. Thanks for worrying, and i’m glad you got your account back.

The exact same thing happened with my account. And the birthdate was also changed to 5-Dec-2021. Nothing was taken, all robux and my inventory was intact.

But, one email from roblox support stated:
“To assist you further with this account, please contact us via our Support Form by entering the email address that begins with [cgo] and is an @[premiumnator.com] address.”

I researched and premiumnator is a disposable email address. So I knew it wasn’t a roblox issue but mine was definitely a hacker. Not sure if it was the same for you or not. But I’m glad it’s over. I have put 2-step authentication. And locked my settings with a PIN.

Also, right before the hack, I remember installing some chrome extensions. And I think that might be cause of hack. I wasn’t sure which extension, so I deleted all of them. Now I’ll never take that chance :slight_smile:

For other people reading this, Roblox support needs screenshots proving account ownership. So, just send them screenshots of you playing with your username and display names showing. And more importantly… any billing related screenshots like purchase receipts and transaction history. From your emails, when you bought robux or gift cards. Support takes about 1-2 days to respond. So, if you send them this stuff immediately, account will be restored quicker.

1 Like

I’m facing this exact issue. I have been logged out of everything except the devforum for some reason. Did you get your account back through Roblox support or did it just suddenly go back to normal?