I've spent ~10k on ads and sponsorships and I've still gotten absolutely no where. What am I doing wrong?

Just from glancing on your ads and thumbnails, your typography lacks of color theory and strains the eye of the viewer.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great text design. However, the similar colors being right aside each other and with Institutional White being in the center, it’s creates this field of blurriness and nausea which isn’t something you want the viewer to feel.

I recommend watching this video on Color Theory:

Then afterwards, rethink your palette for it.

There’s other stuff that seems to be lacking too, but I think others have already covered it.

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it seems that the text design can be toned down a bit. I personally feels there a bit too much layers/shapes within it. However, if you think you can make it work, more power to you.

3 Likes

The text color was intentionally gray-scale due to the color scheme of the character ingame.

1 Like

I’m just telling you what I see in a client’s/designer’s perspective. Just hoping you are taking these suggestions/advice into consideration to advance your development. (If not mine, at least others.)

Best of luck to your game.

1 Like

I just don’t know how I’d implement colors into my logo.

1 Like

Takes roughly less than 3 minutes to recolor and tinker around with the color balance.

2 Likes

Is this photoshop?, if it is, its a paid program so it wouldn’t be easy too get your hands on it if you don’t have money :frowning:

you can just quickly use the 7 day free trial if its as simple as changing colors or designing a logo
though I’d reccomend making a rough sketch of the logo first and ask for 2nd opinions before starting the 7-day trial

1 Like

Hm?, does it ask for your credit card info too start the trial :thinking:

All you need is a google account :smiley: or an adobe account i honestly cant remember

1 Like

Im 100% sure though that you dont need to enter your credit card info to start the trial

It’s not only about the ad and how appealing it is; getting players to travel to your game page is onle the first part of the equation. Once they arrive, they will still need to find the game interesting enough to play.

Your game doesn’t seem to offer much. To describe it in your own words;

This game is just a badge collecting game.

And doesn’t sound interesting to play at all.

Perhaps it’s a good idea to take a critical look at your game, its marketability, and its appeal to players compared to other games on the platform. If you’re not offering something interesting, sponsoring and advertising is just throwing away Robux.

2 Likes

Unattractive dull advert to go along with a game that has next to no gameplay. It’s simply a boring concept.

There’s some critical honesty for you so you can build on top of it. I would completely abandon this game concept that you were going for. It will go nowhere.

1 Like

Sometimes it can have a little interest to each category. It isn’t a stand alone boring concept to many people, but it still may interest other players, not too much.

1 Like

Wouldn’t recommend Photoshop, you’re wasting your time learning anything in it with a 7 day timeout. There are free alternatives. https://www.getpaint.net/ is great for non-graphic artists, it’ll probably take you 5-10 mins to do what Clueless_Brick did in 3 mins in Photoshop but it’s much easier to figure out than Photoshop. Gimp is a free Photoshop competitor that’s pretty complex and older, but some people still get great results from it.

Both of those have been around 10+ years but there are tons of other free alternatives these days, to find a list just Google multiple search terms together, like photoshop paint.net gimp canva.

1 Like

After entering the game, I had no idea what I was walking into. Just blocks falling from the sky and collecting the special ones. That is all and there’s nothing but badges as your reward. I honestly would of quit the game immediately joining due to the gameplay. It doesn’t seem fun because there’s not much point to it.

Try to make your game more fun. Make your ad more attractive, bright and overall just more appealing.
I personally had adblock enabled for years and only disabled it recently and I rarely click on ads…
Ads that really succeed are ones that are like “Use code XXX for XYZ!” or “please click I spent robux on this” or ads that are high quality and eye catching.
Try something like this… if your playtime and visits went up then your ad succeeded and your game is where it fails.

1 Like

I played your game for 5 minutes or so and don’t really know what it is about. I didn’t have any fun and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I’m not saying this to be mean but you need to have some actual game play that is fun and challenging.

If your game isn’t fun then people won’t spread it through word of mouth. Which means every click you pay to get is wasted anyhow. If you can get friends, family, whoever just to play it and they say “oh that’s fun”, then keep expanding on those things. Once you have a game that is fun you can pay to get clicks and it will keep expanding through word of mouth and your advertising.

What kind of CTR are you getting on your ads?

1 Like

(This is effectively for all of you if you care, just some parts are more relevant to some of you)

@2147483647
Sponsors effectively work by bumping your game up on certain sorts so they appear in more popular, or even several places. The more you spend, the higher it will be relative to other games and sponsors. The “effectiveness” can fluctuate depending on I’m sure lots of things, but that comes down to “fairness” sort of.

Additionally, if I’m not mistaken, ads that have reached their target impressions/clicks get their priority dropped very low (otherwise it kinda wouldn’t work). The more you spend, the more it gets prioritized, and thus the faster you will probably reach those targets. This is great if you want to get a large number of people playing quickly, you can spend more at once. However, ideally you only want to spend a little at a time and build up players who will critique your game. This lets you get valuable feedback on how your game will appear to the overall Roblox audience. Once you’ve worked this out for maybe a few weeks, you’ll probably want to do this in late stages of development, you start upping your budget. You want to be confident your game will retain players. Then you want to scale up ad budget quickly rather than in small amounts, otherwise you will burn through funds. (This is the biggest issue I see). Even only spending 100 robux for a few ads is good! You will likely be able to even earn that back off of one player at some point.

Also, some critiques for your ads. I like to think about “What will the viewer think when they see my ad.” When I see your, “Can you find all of them?” message, I see some good stuff, but, what I think to myself is more, “Why is finding them important? What are ‘them?’” When I design ads, I want the person to not necessarily “know what they’re looking at” but rather “know why and want to know what” sort of. You do a good job at mystery in your ad, the problem is there is nothing interesting about “them.” A good way might be to go into specifics. For example, “Can you find 20 basic Slamos?” This puts a bit more into it even if it doesn’t seem like it. “All of them” is not specific. By specifying some sort of “easier option” for a beginner, and giving them a clear goal, they are more likely to consider delving into that goal in some cases.

Another thing to keep in mind is again, the “why” part of things. Giving an incentive by giving them a goal to achieve is great, but, if you specify a reward, players will be more interested because they know they get something. For example, “Can you find 20 basic Slamos and get the unique badge?” If you read this to yourself, and read “Can you find them all?” it really seems a lot different despite being not a whole lot different. The thing I’ve learned, is that good advertising doesn’t come from the intents of your words as much as it does the way you say it. Giving little adjectives like “unique” is a good trick for establishing a reward. It literally means nothing, you can say any badge is unique, but you imply that said badge is worth being unique without being pushy and saying it.

@Clueless_Brick
I personally don’t agree that color makes or breaks anything except in rare cases. Color is only a tool, it can make things more appealing or eye catchy, but, color is nothing without an intent and without a good ad in the first place. If your ad’s color makes sense, it’s probably not what the viewer will think about. If you see an ad with a bright red background and black text your response will be “eww” but, that’s eye catchy without intent behind the color. You can have a successful ad that only uses two single colors. Even black and white if you wanted. Focus on where color makes sense to you, and, if you look at your ad and say “eww” or “this is hard to read” or “this is bland” that’s when you want to focus on that, because if someone isn’t looking at your ad anyway, making it look good isn’t a problem. Eye catchyness for this purpose can be a very bad idea because it can just look annoying.

Try advertising your game or using sponsors.

If you are advertising at peak time’s 4-5pm EST 9-10 pm BST then your impressions would be lower due to the demand.

Considering putting more at this time.