I've spent ~10k on ads and sponsorships and I've still gotten absolutely no where. What am I doing wrong?

Hello! I’ve been trying to get my game off the ground, and I’ve spent a somewhat decent amount of robux on ads and sponsors and the max amount of players I’ve gotten at once is 20. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong, is it the game type, the ads, the icon, or just everything? The game is like one of those old badge hunts except with a twist that it’s all randomized. Is there any way for me to get better results off of ads and sponsors, the images are below.

Game: [Slamo Cookie!] Watch Slamos Infinitely Spawn - Roblox
Icon:

Thumbnail:
Ad:

6 Likes

It’s simple - the ad is not attractive for little kids. Remember that most people nowadays use ad blockers, except children. Try to make ads that will attract them. I also have played your game and I know it has many badges. You can advertise it in a badge collecting group like this one: Badgers of Robloxia - Roblox

5 Likes

I thought it was basic enough for kids to like, especially when half of them are “I spent 20k on this please click because I’m so desperate!”

3 Likes

Quite honestly I don’t ever click on an ad that doesn’t give me some idea of what the game is about.
An ad with “Watch Slamos Infinitely Spawn” gives me the idea that I’m going to be sitting in a game getting bored pretty quick watching a character spawn over and over and over again.
Ads only work if they excite people to want to play your game.
You may have an awesome game, but sorry to be harsh, advertising isn’t just a couple pictures. There’s a whole industry built on finding out how to sell stuff to people who may or may not want it.

9 Likes

If that’s the case, how do games like “Be AFK an Wait for Things to Happen” manage to work? Because when I get a click, it’s almost a guarantee that whoever clicked it is going to play it, I thought it was more of an issue of the ad not being appealing despite other people having ads like this for example:

1 Like

These attractive advertisements are mostly clikbaits. These “click me” ads are against the ToS and should be reported. Just try to attract childen, as I said. All the other people use ad blockers.

5 Likes

Then what do I do for sponsors?

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t know how sponsors actually work, but I don’t think you should spend your money on sponsoring a game like that.

1 Like

Then how in the world am I supposed to get players? I can’t just pray that some YouTuber runs into my game and records it!

2 Likes

Just continue running ads and make sure they’re attractive. As it has already been told, the name of your game looks like a game where you afk and watch thousands of slamos around the map. You should also change the game thumbnail and icon. As I said before, your game has many badges and it can be advertised here: Badgers of Robloxia - Roblox

2 Likes

Just a quick shot of my ads Click Through Ratios. You’re expecting a lot if you think everyone who clicks on the ad will play your game. The ad is there to get them to your game’s page. Is your game page appealing and does it make people want to play your game with some kind of explanation of what the game is about?

7 Likes

Once again, that’s why I thought a simple, “Find them all” would be explaining what the game is about.

2 Likes

That name definitely makes it sound boring, you will have to somehow excite the viewer with your ad if you advertise or change the game icon to do so if you sponsor.

A lot of people have ad blocker so I would assume a sponsor is more likely successful since its not affected by ad block but it probably won’t be the case anyways even if you sponsor.

1 Like

You should probably rename the game to something like: “Find all the Slamos”. You should also change the game icon and thumbnail.

1 Like

With ads at least they gave something like a 0.66% however with my sponsor it gave me a 0.02%. I just don’t know at this rate what would work.

1 Like

Find them all.
Do you explain anywhere that you are trying to find badges? As the game designer and ad designer that makes perfect sense to you.
Try looking at the ad from the perspective of a kid who knows nothing about what badge hunts are and has never heard of your game. You have to be a bit more specific.

3 Likes

I just don’t feel like Find the Slamos would be really appropriate due to the fact that you don’t really discover them, and it’s more of a case that they spawn out of thin air, and I don’t know how something like this is consistently 30-100 players. afk and wait till its your magic number simulator - Roblox

1 Like

So I just need to clarify a lot more on the ads?

4 Likes

Is something like this good?

2 Likes

Personally, I use an ad blocker and I never click ads, no matter how attractive they are.
However you could try advertising your game in a discord server, you pay the owner let’s say 2k R$, and he pings @everyone advertising your game.
You can do that with multiple discord servers.
I’d also suggest making some giveaways, or contests, those would absolutely get players to play your game.
Good luck!

2 Likes