I've uploaded modified versions of GapFill and ResizeAlign that don't crash

If you’ve been using either GapFill or ResizeAlign (maybe both) recently, you’ll have no doubt realized that they cause Studio to crash over and over when you try to use them. If you’ve been keeping up with this thread, you’ll also know that the staff found what was causing the issue (explorer bug), and that a fix is coming in a couple of days.

Stravant’s GapFill and ResizeAlign are immensely valuable plugins though, and I find myself needing to use them on a near-constant basis when building. While I appreciate that the staff worked out a fix so quickly, I need to use GapFill and ResizeAlign right now, so having to wait a couple of days to be able to use the two plugins is crippling. When I heard that the issue was an explorer bug, I figured that it had something to do with the $TargetFilter model and the highlight effects Stravant’s plugins used. I moved the targetfilter model into the CoreGui and swapped out the part-based highlighting effects with HandleAdornments – this stopped the crashing, and I’ve been able to use the patched plugins without issue.

Someone, who, like me, relies on these plugins heavily while building would probably want a fix ASAP and can’t wait a couple of days. If I just described you, the plugins can be found here:

If you don’t use ResizeAlign and GapFill that much, you probably won’t need to install these versions because the crashing will be patched in a couple of days.

4 Likes

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

4 Likes