[J STUDIOS] (THE MIMIC AI REMAKE) J_AIv9 RELEASED (Beta roll-out)

Do you mean patrol points? Well if you do, It does have Vector3 points that is stored within the AI. This does not get removed nor changed.

A good feature I added though is called “Dynamic Waypoints” which are waypoints that are added whenever it; sees, hears, kills, stops chasing a player. This makes the AI a little “smart” and makes the AI “learns” where most players are seen and the AI will patrol there.

And in my AI, the patrol parts automatically gets deleted and the Vector3 data of those parts are stored in a table.

How can you add real time, Dynamic Waypoints? like lets say I drop a chest during the game, players know where the chest is dropped so I want the AI to go there also…

then to what is the syntax to remove the chest from the AI table so if the chest is opened, it will not go there any more?

Interesting. The Dynamic Waypoints feature is handled by the main AI script. The script adds a Dynamic Waypoint whenever an action is made.

The current actions are;

AI Heard a player
AI Saw a player
AI Killed a player
AI Stopped chasing a player

The dynamic waypoint adder function is

function Components.GenerateDynamicPoint(position : Vector3)

This function also automatically optimizes dynamic waypoints by merging them into one waypoint to prevent clumps

Now if you want to add a Dynamic Waypoint when a chest is opened, there is another feature my AI has, which is Custom Mechanisms which enables you to add custom mechanics to the main AI

for example you want to detect whenever a chest is opened:

-- This is an example of a custom mechanism script structure (similar to AIENGINE by
-- Sythivo, make sure to research about that!
-- We will run the mechanism on start

-- ai.MechanismsSource script:

local MechanismHandler = require(script.Parent.Parent.Components["ai.MechanismHandler"])

MechanismHandler.runOnStartUp("ChestDetector")

-- ChestDetector mechanism script:

local Components = require(script.Parent.Parent.Components["ai.Components"]

return function()
    chest.Opened:Connect(function()
      Components.GenerateDynamicWaypoint(chest.Position)
    end)
end

Now this is just a sample script

The generate dynamic waypoint function automatically removes dynamic waypoints in a configurable matter of seconds

DYNAMICWAYPOINTS = {

enabled = true,
		lifeTime = 45,
		listenTo = {

heardPlayer = true,
			sawPlayer = true,
			killedPlayer = true,
			stopChased = true,

},
		optimiation = { --ignore the misspelling

distance = 60,
			startingNumber = 5,

}

},
1 Like
Bug fixes
As of v9.0.4
  • AI Stuttering when the AI is near the player (when chasing)

As of v9.1.4

• Animations are now front-end
  • Animations are now easily configurable
  • Client sounds are now easily configurable