Jailbreak Falling Stars

Hello everyone!

How did Badimo achieve this falling star effect for their 2020 Jailbreak live event?

@badcc @asimo3089

credits: DatBrian

1 Like

Well it is hard to see, but I assume using TweenService/Lerp he achieved it? Well if there any effects one, he may have used Particle Emitter. Are you looking for that?

Nope, it’s not TweenService or Lerp. It’s using Beams. But how do you make them randomly move that far up in the sky while keeping their visibility?

my guess would be a part tweened, but it could be a particle emitter inside a big part that spans the map

Make them face the Camera and also just make them really big?

So if it is not both of them, how should it move? I hope you know, that Beams are attached to Attachments which are parented in an Object? Even though, he may have made it big

Moving attachments, obviously.

Have you even read what I wrote? You clearly have no experience about Attachments, it isn’t possible to move it without having a part! Why would someone even only move the Attachments, and even though if it is not a lerp and Tween how can it move smoothly

You’re being pretty pessimistic, whilst also being wrong. You can move Attachments without moving a part by using the WorldPosition value within them, which is the relative world space, rather then object space.

It most likely is a lerp on every frame to create a smooth transition, essentially just a projectile.

Furthermore, attachments can be parented to the Terrain instance within workspace, allowing them to function without a part.

2 Likes

Well you can call me whatever you want, but you know I never said that you can’t move attachments? Like I said, why would someone do that.

Ahem.

Man please, you’re being a goofball here

You’re obviously not able to help, nor are you right about what you’re saying.

Bruv he said it is not lerp and Tween, read the context. Yall just can’t read

I used LineHandleAdornment, and then moved it mathematically such that it looks like streaks rotating around a really large sphere encompassing the world

7 Likes

and here comes the legend himself…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.