Jailbreak Robbery Indicators, How do I make them?

In jailbreak, there are these robbery indicators thingies, showing where a robbery is.
I was wondering how to make these, cause whenever I tried to do this with an ImageLabel with a BillboardGUI, there was no setting to make the image not become extremely enlarged the further you walk away from it, and also in Jailbreak, if you go too close to it, it’ll disappear, I’m also wondering how to do that.

I’m assuming the way to do this is with code, but I do not know how to code this.

Please help!

Use the scale setting of size instead of the offset setting. To make it disappear, check the magnitude (distance) between the player and the BillboardGUI, if the player is too close, disable the GUI.

Yes, a BillboardGUI is what you need. Use the AlwaysOnTop property and set the size of the BillboardGui using scale and not offset (ScaleX, OffsetX, ScaleY, OffsetY).

This you’ll have to use a script for.

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local Player = Players.LocalPlayer

local RobberyIconParent = game.Workspace.Part
local RANGE = 20

RunService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	local Char = Player.Character
	if not Char then return end
	local HRP = Char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
	if not HRP then return end

if (HRP.Position - RobberyIconParent.Position).Magnitude >= RANGE then
		print("IN RANGE")
		RobberyIconParent.BillboardGui.Enabled = false
	else
		RobberyIconParent.BillboardGui.Enabled = true
	end
end)

This is a simple local script (in starter player scripts) that every heartbeat the function will fire, it first gathers the variables, then checks if the player is a certain distance away!

Use the scale property instead of the offset property in size.

Thank you! This worked, except the person’s code for the thing to disappear when too close.

Never mind, I added a :WaitForChild, fixed it!

I feared that would happen, but when I tested it [once] it worked fine, anyways edited the code to have the wait for child.

There is also a great community resource provided by @PersonifiedPizza, which presents a really cool Location Marker System similar to what you are looking for, you can take a look at how the resource is created! You can find the post here:

The showcase from the above resource:

1 Like

Woah, I’ll be sure to check it out, that looks cool. Is it customizable though?

Yes, it can be easily customised! All of the features and documentations were listed by the resource’s creator, linked in my previous thread! :sweat_smile:

Under the features section, the creator of the resource posted:

That’s definitely much better.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.