Japanese Home Build

I’m trying to get better at building and blender so I decided to make this. It’s not done as you can see in the screen shots the rooms are kind of empty. I just wanted everyone’s opinion on this and wanted to know if I am going in the right direction.

I also want some suggestions and feedback on what I could put in the rooms. (I also added some music just for the fun of it lol)

Game: Japanese House - Roblox

Screenshots:

^ I still need to add the cabinets on the top here

20 Likes

in my opinion the living room and bedroom are too spacious but the rest is very good

3 Likes

I like it but it’ll look really good with more details. In my opinion, you should go for a realistic theme. I don’t get much of a Japanese home vibe. (You should work on the lighting)

3 Likes

The rooms are too big or the furniture is too small, the detail isn’t bad but the walls too seem a bit bland and not much detail added, the sliding doors also have little detail as well, I would recommend looking up some detailed inspiration images on google to help you out, overall it’s not a bad start.

2 Likes

Most of all I liked the bathroom and kitchen <3

1 Like

You should try building smaller, that can help you come up with details to fill up the space. Besides, Japanese homes are pretty small and cozy, not big and grandiose. Here are pictures of a Japanese house I built on Bloxburg to spur some ideas. (Of course its not directly from Studio so you may need to do your own furniture.)

Notice the narrowness of the corridors. I also added a shoe rack for the front of the house, considering that the Japanese are all about tidiness.

Here is the traditional living area with tables as if you were to sit on the ground. As the room was already tiny in the first place, there were obvious walls that needed to be filled up such as the one with the picture frame and the drawer. Try to build small so that areas that need filling up with furniture becomes obvious. Also notice the single light right in the centre of the room. Traditional Japanese houses somehow always have a centrepiece lighting and no other extra lighting, making them dimly lit and cozy.

In the bedroom, there is a little shelf with clothing baskets, since, as mentioned before, the Japanese like things nice and tidy. Another thing you may want to consider is colour. Your colour scheme is uniform with a select few colours which is good. however, you may want to change the saturation of these select few colours to be more vibrant. In this bedroom, the brown, yellow and green are rich in colour. Just don’t over do it, otherwise it will start to look cartoonish.

Here is the shower, which is right next to the bedroom. I tried to make a sauna vibe with the wooden plank walls so as to further infuse the Japanese vibe.

Here is the kitchen and living room as well as those Japanese exterior walkways outside of Japanese palace buildings. For the living room, I chose to add a television because while traditional, TVs are starting to become part of the traditional Japanese house vibe. The kitchen does not have any stoves, just a couple of candles to cook things traditionally by fire.

Here is the front of the house. In some Japanese cities like Okinawa, people drove in really tiny cars. They do add to the traditional Japanese vibe.

After a whole day of being cooped up in the house, what better way than to take a stroll in the backyard with greenery and Bonzai trees as well as a pond to enjoy the nice, breezy night.

5 Likes

Interesting details from outside of the house and a unique inside design, 10/10.

1 Like

fulldisclosureimaweebsothisisgoingtobeverynitpickyimsorry

This reminds me of an early Edo (江戸)period house, maybe even before that (if not for the poster.)

Japanese houses aren’t really covered wall to wall with tatami mats, I’m not even sure they were back then either.

The two tables(ちゃぶだい), futons (布団)and tokonoma(床の間) are pretty accurate, but, like @AbandonedRick noted above, it is really really spacious. Also, where’s the front door/genkan(玄関)? Where’s the kitchen? That last question is what is bothering me most. How did that bowl of rice get on the table if there is no daidokoro(台所)?

To summarize: Some parts are culturally and historically accurate but slightly based off of stereotypes, 7/10

EDIT: how did you get to the kitchen? i can’t find it.

1 Like

That looks like atraditional Japanese home I see right there.

Love your build and the detail

1 Like

@Ty_IsHomeSchooled I’m sorry to build this off of some stereotypes. I also watch anime but I just

built from what I saw from just anime in general and a little from my imagination. I haven’t done enough

research and I will now. Thank you for letting me know!

To get to the kitchen its these doors right here.

from right where you spawn:

1 Like

@Midexx Any recommendations on lightning? (I’m kind of bad at doing that kind of stuff if you could give me some suggestions it would be great!

@X_ZN0
Thank you for the feedback! I will now search up for ideas for details for the walls.

I don’t know a lot myself but if you search up “realistic roblox lighting” or something similar to that, you’ll probably find it.(That’s how I found it)

1 Like

Okay sounds good! Thanks for that.

10/10, a bit messy tho otherwise good

1 Like

It looks amazing, great job! The only thing you could improve in my opinion is to update the room in pic 1. It just feels too empty to me but I have no idea what to add either. you also could use a different the technology to make the ambience feel better

It is very gloomy, and makes me feel like i’m in prison. Try changing the lighting, changing the texture and color of the floor, making the rooms smaller and adding more color. Otherwise, great job! There is a lot of time and effort put into this I can tell.