Jaxxon Jargon's Treasure Island - Open Source & Uncopylocked

I’m working on a new Treasure Island game and have decided to open source and uncopylock it. Check it out and then post any questions or suggestions.

10 Likes

sometimes it bugged, without me touching it, it already gave me the point lol xD also map is from dev forum, the scroll ui ?? like help ui and that things… i think you need to fix the ui.

1 Like

I’ve made a number of changes to this game recently. It now has working spike traps and falling rock traps. It also saves/restores all your session data. And it keeps track of the all-time high scores so you can see how you rank compared to other players.

Let me know what you think about these improvements and what you’d like to see added to the game.

1 Like

I create a hitbox based on the bounding box for a feature. That has the side effect that it can trigger a touched event before it seems like you’ve touched the feature. I’m not sure how to get around that and I don’t want to manually create a custom hitbox for each feature. I’d rather do it in code, as I have done. I think it’s a small price to pay.

I’m not sure what you mean that the map is from dev forum. The map was originally from a Roblox tutorial but I’ve made a number of changes to it. Since I’m a scripter and not a builder I’ve had to make do with free models.

I fixed the help UI and optimized the layout for phone as well as computer.

Thank you for the feedback. Let me know if there is anything I missed.

I just ported my code over to Rojo so that I could put it on GitHub. Enjoy the code:

I think this game has really taken shape recently. The changes can be summarized in the new objectives for the game:

1. Find gold.
  2. Buy stuff.
  3. Avoid spike traps and falling boulders.
  4. Kill your enemies and steal their gold.
  1. Gold coins and treasure chests are hidden throughout the island. Some are easy to find, others not so much.

2. Each boat has a shop/store that you can enter with your keycard. With your pieces of gold you can buy things. At the moment you can buy jumping boots, a crossbow, and a sniper rifle. Every time you visit a store the value of your gold is saved for the Top Scores list. So spending your gold won’t keep you from making it to the top 20 list.

3. The wooden spike traps explode out of the ground and kill you, even if you have a force field. The falling boulders will kill you if they are moving. Once they stop moving you can climb on them.

4. When you kill a member of the opposing team you also steal half of their gold. This is the only way to acquire more gold once you have found all of your hidden gold.

Let me know if you have any other ideas for the game. And all the recent changes are available on Github.

P.S. I even made the boat doors taller for the player whose humanoid was too tall to exit the rooms. True story. :wink: