Join Group Prompt

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get players to join your roblox group with group rewards systems, so I was thinking that roblox should make an option that prompts the player to join a roblox group in-game.

For example a prompt that asks the player to join a group when the player wants to claim group rewards instead of having to leave the game, join the group and rejoin the game to claim the group rewards.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because many more people would be able to join my groups in an easier way and it will help me growing my audience.

26 Likes

I don’t see any reason not to add this, you can already join a group from the website and check if user has joined the group but you cannot prompt them?

Roblox should at least make it AT LEAST allow you to join the group the game is posted on, this will also make it more worth it to move your game to your group which is now possible for 30k robux.

7 Likes

This is a no-brainer, and should have been added a long time ago.

Instead robox works on this: Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

what an absolute joke

2 Likes

I totally agree with what’s being said in this post.

In today’s gaming scene, getting players to join your groups has become quite the challenge. This has caused some issues, like inconsistent player engagement and a lack of awareness about new projects. As a result, many game creators are finding themselves investing significant time in creating update logs just to keep players informed about changes / updates.

It would be so much simpler if game creators could just keep their games tidy and share updates whenever something new happens, without all the fuss. By encouraging players to join their groups, not only would it enhance gameplay and group retention, but it could also lead to more rewarding experiences for everyone involved!

So I highly agree that having a prompt to join groups would greatly increase the above, and also help creators have more control over their work.

I think this would be a great feature that a lot of developers would use in their games, including myself. Personally if I were to join an experience and see group rewards, I would be much more likely to join the group to claim the rewards offered if I could do so in-game through a prompt(as most people would).

A feature like this would give players a better experience while benefitting developers and their groups. I see no downside to it whatsoever.

This is a great idea! It would make the experience of joining a group so much simpler and like you said, help get a larger audience. Too bad Roblox hasn’t added this yet - hope they will soon.

Bump - heavily agree on an update like this

Absolutely with you. I work on groups, like MILSIM that are heavily group oriented. We especially should have some sort of way to rank users from in game too. (That is questionable as someone with server access shouldn’t be allowed, but still) Getting people to join the group is super tedious for the user, and a simple prompt would make this incredibly easy, and foster group growth on roblox.