Join the Animation Contest for Roblox Build It, Play It!

This is amazing, a chance for the animaters get recognized in this community.

How long is the animation supposed to be? Will length affect how we are judged, and to what extent if so?

Well the Theme is Victory And Celebration So probably Just An Emote Based on The Theme.

1 Like

I’m not an animator but I am definitely willing to participate in this cool challenge! Can’t wait to show what I got!

1 Like

If there are tons of amazing animation entries, which rig will be prefered to be chosen as the winner? Rthro? R15? R6?

Will R6 even have any chance at all, whether they’re amazing or not?

1 Like

Finally, something my job does.

If I do it this, what is the limit? What I mean is what can I do that is appropriate for this contest? @budgetFox

This is actually something I might want to participate in mostly because as I develop my new game I want to enhance my skills in animation as well. So this is a really great way to do so.

This is great! I finally get a cool chance to show off my animating skills

1 Like

It’s probably safe to assume that anything is fine as long as it’s yours, within the theme, it’s not obscene and doesn’t break ROBLOX’s Community Rules, as stated in the contest’s Terms and Conditions.

1 Like

While I have animated some rigs, they don’t work. But finally I understand how to do it.

You are definitely not mistaken! The winning animation is made official by Roblox for everyone to use.

1 Like

This is a great event from the Roblox community! :+1:
It will help the beginner the beginner developers on how to create animation and export it.
Thanks Roblox for all your hard work! :sparkling_heart:

I wouldn’t hope too much about that part, since ROBLOX didn’t specifically mention that it’ll become an actual emote (in the catalog). They only mentioned that:

• The Winners will each have their respective Entries showcased in a game on the
    Roblox platform

The “game” aforementioned is probably the game for the Build It Play It challenge Island of Move, as stated in the Developer Hub.

And maybe(?) there’ll be a physical prize? Since they’ll be requesting your full name and address as well. There’s nothing else stated in the prize list. Honestly, I think it’s more than enough since you’ll be getting tons of recognition due to it being an official ROBLOX event.

1 Like

(A bit late to the party here)

To anyone who’s not sure whether or not they should join, I definitely recommend it! I may or may not win, but it was a cool experience learning how to animate, and could also help me in future projects.

You’ll never know until you try so just give it a shot and do your best!

This is AWESOME! I could never animate on Blender just because the controls are so weird and I just can’t adjust to them. I was just animating trying to make it as smooth as possible. It’s great to know ROBLOX values our animators as much as they do big time developers. Thank you ROBLOX! :grin:

1 Like

Ooooh, so this is basically an animation showcase?

A W E S O M E S A U C E

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.