Joining from profile doesn't join the same place as in chat and home page in multi-place games

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

If we attemp to join a friend from his profile page, it will put us in the start place of the game as expected.
However, if we attemp to join a friend either from the chat, from the home page when hovering the character picture, it will put us in the place where he is, which may not be the start place, in which case it gives the error “This place is restricted”.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

The bug happens 100% of the times, at least, from my experience.
Simply tell your friend to join a place which is not the start place of a game and try to join him either from the chat, or from the window that shows when hovering its character picture on the home page.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

I tested the bug on 2 places, and it occured on both:

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

Profile join (which works):

Chat join:

chat%20join

Home page hover join:

home%20page%20join

Error when joining:

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

I don’t know when it started to occur.

We have a ticket to fix this. Will update once it’s shipped.

1 Like