Joining Roblox games on mobile through Discord web browser takes you to app store

Recently I’ve been having a problem with joining Roblox games on mobile. I found this problem through the Discord web browser, however, not sure if it affects other ones. It’s been happening for a while, hence the reason I create this topic.

Repro process:

1. Copy the link of a Roblox game
  2. Open Discord on a mobile device (I used an iPhone) and paste the link in a server channel.
  3. Open the link and tap the play button.
  4. Make sure to click “Open” on the confirmation screen (see attached screenshot).
  5. The screen will first jump into Roblox, then into the App Store.

4 Likes

It is not a bug. It opens ROBLOX soon after it takes you to the app store. Anyways you can not use the website on mobile. You need the Roblox App. It is impossible to play roblox through the website on mobile.

There’s already a topic about this. I recommend you bump it instead of making a new thread.

hey, I’ve had issues like this happen to me frequently. Usually happens when my account isn’t signed into Roblox via external links even though it is from Safari. Just try copy and pasting the link on another tab and join from there, it usually works like that.

Make sure you’re signed in on the Safari version as well, when I’m signed out it does take me to App Store. From then, I’d have to go on the app and it usually links me back to the game load.

1 Like

Just to confirm, this is exclusively an issue with iOS. No issues here on Android.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

I have an update from the engineers: They are working on a fix but do not have a time frame.
When there is more information, i will pass it along.

8 Likes

Yeah this has happened to me multiple times as well. Usually i would just spam open in app until it ends up taking me to the discord page

1 Like

The engineers have a question: To help us re-test this on the engineering side, is it possible to determine what OS and version combinations this occurs on for production Store builds? It would be helpful to know if the issue only occurs in test environments like ST1, only on iOS < 10, etc.

1 Like

It seems like this issue was resolved on the Discord web browser side of things - it no longer jumps from the Roblox app to the app store

However, I’ve just now tested this issue by pasting a Roblox game into the Chrome web browser and it still doesn’t seem to open the Roblox app, it instead opens the app store

Device specs: iPhone X 64GB, iOS 14.4
Also tested this on an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.8 ^

Thanks for that info. When the engineers have more info i will pass it on.

3 Likes