Jump to your collaborator’s location in Team Create

Will travelling to a team member’s cursor come along with full collaborative editing rather than just version control? :)

It’s always really annoying to have to manually commit everything in order to allow someone to even see what I’m doing. Especially since Roblox Studio’s docking layout uses some really weird API that causes screen capture by applications like Discord to misbehave (meaning it’s impossible to actually screen-share the script editor).

8 Likes

Yes that’s exactly what we’re targeting :slight_smile: we’ll enable the ability to jump to the exact cursor location in the script with Live Scripting functionality that is in the works

11 Likes

This is a feature I really want. It would help with teaching things much more clearly and easily, instead of screen sharing.

4 Likes

Hi! Will these apis stay private or are you planning to eventually allow use for plugins in the future?

3 Likes

This is a great quality-of-life update for Roblox development teams!

I can’t wait to jump to a developer’s addresses.

5 Likes

It seems unintuitive that this is locked behind right click. There’s no way I would ever discover this naturally.

10 Likes

There’s a lot of space in the player row in the widget that’s begging for a little options menu button or something, putting it behind right click is a bit obscure. It helps that the row highlights on hover though.

7 Likes

kinda pointless but still cool

3 Likes

Nice feature, not too much to say.

3 Likes

Finally, a decent update that doesn’t stir up controversy within the community. I can breathe again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is a very cool update! hopefully you’ll be able to b̷̖͔̱̳͍̥͎͙̟̕͝͝r̶̢̟̩̗̖̝̆̈͑́͑̀̏̈́̚ͅỉ̷̢̳̗̐̉̕ṅ̸̬̤̜̭̓̒͜ĝ̴̥̘͕̼̱̺͈̜̦̘ ̷̧̛̹̣̟̫̼͔̱̂̒̾̀͋͋̓͘̕͝ͅb̸̜̞͑̊̓̄̆͊̀̾͋͝͝a̵̡̢͇̭̘͍̳̼͇͈̍̂̿ͅć̷̢̢͖̰͓̮͍̥̙͌̓̀͝k̷͓͓͝͝ ̸̡̛̮͍̗̬̼͇͔̑͗͌̎̏͗́̐̃̆̉͐̕̚p̸̛͙̫̅̀̅̏̄̑̽̉ự̸̭̲͆̓̋͘b̶̞̔̏̓͛͆̽͋̑͊̂̂͘͝ĺ̵̯̦̗̬͉͍͓͔͓̆̿͒ḯ̶̟̘͕͓̱̼̼̃ͅc̸̨̢̛̛͚̰̻͉͔͎̙̰̤̮̀̂̑͆͌͑̆͘͘̕͘͜ ̵̢̥̬̦̤̽̓͑́̐̓̍̈́̏̕̚͝a̴̩̣̩̹̤̓̔͗̑̒̀͑̓̽͗͑͑̓̚͝͝ư̴͙̭̦̪̔͊̄̀̿̊͠d̸͈͉͕͉̯͈̯̖̦̘̻̯͛̂̾͆̉̓̒̓ͅì̷̗̠̪͉͔̑̀͋̽́͐̂͑̓̂ǒ̶̼̒̈́̈́̏͑͂̅̅̎̑̓ soon but this is still cool! :smile:

7 Likes

This is a very neat feature and definitely will be useful for my team and I - but I do have to ask a small question:

Would it be possible to have a studio setting for a minimum draw distance for the visual indicator of a user’s location? Given that this can result in unintentional jumpscares, it feels as if, from an accessibility standpoint, a way to prevent the aggravation of medical conditions by sudden jumpscares in Studio would be a very valuable change - not to mention the benefit of being able to avoid blocking one anothers’ views of a given location if you change camera angles from one another.

Of course, this primarily depends on whether other users can see your camera marker when you ‘jump’ to their location - as this has not been clarified in the information already provided here, I feel it can’t hurt to bring this up.

3 Likes

Neat feature, on the right track for what I like to see updated. In general, I think Team Create is somewhat ironically a black-box in terms of functionality available to a developer. I’m glad it’s getting looked at more closely and would really love if it had some API features which could be used for custom plugins.

I sure wonder what this property does

3 Likes

Out of curiosity is there a way we can get the positions of collaborators via script for usage with plugins? Would be nice if so.

1 Like

Small feature but nice addition!

SO I AM NOT GOING CRAZY! I beg, fix this! You have to share your whole screen for studio to behave since it’s not capturing studio, which means there is not audio.

1 Like

For Discord specifically, you can change the screen capturing method that it uses for screen sharing in the “Voice & Video” settings.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.