Just released my latest creation: Planet slam

A couple of months ago i made a game called “Planet Slam” where you crash random objects such as planes, trucks, planets, trains, and more into the earth and other planets.

thumbnails:

Heres the game link: Planet Slam [Alpha] - Roblox
feedback is appreciated

2 Likes

this bugs me in the thumbnail.

3 Likes

the first thing that came to my mind is solar smash.
Is it solar smash inspired ga- Experience

yes exactly! a copy of the game solar smash. in roblox…

Can you please make it so that we can direct the object to different parts of the world. The no. of peeps destroyed should be relative to the population density of the area hit. Fun to be had getting highest kills.
Also, if I spawn multiple of the same item, then the crash sound restarts on hit. Simply Clone it each time and play it independently instead of playing the same sound each time, as it sounds odd. Perhaps the explosion size could be cumulative to the number of items hitting the planet within a particular time. Send enough Thomas’ and you could destroy the world.

1 Like

thanks for actual useful criticism unlike other people

i plan on eventually having the ability to aim objects instead of a set position but i am still fairly new to scripting so it will take a while

as for the sounds, yeah they are annoying because they reset but that will be fixed eventually

love how you never even played the game

In my opinion, the game is well done but I feel like it is a bit too straightforward. Like @BadDad2004 said, directing objects to different parts of the world seems to be a good idea, kind of like the game Universe Sandbox.

I feel like there is too little content to throw at planets. There are few collision and celestial objects, and the effects they do are a bit underwhelming, simply destroying part of the population.
I think adding some customization to the contents being thrown at the planets would benefit the creativeness of the game, like changing the mass or velocity of the objects and seeing the different effects on the planet.

One thing I think should be added is actual destruction of the planets. As far as I know, planets don’t get destroyed, but simply change color and visuals of the planet’s atmosphere or surface layer. Having the planet be actually destroyed is somewhat satisfying.

My feedback may not be too useful but hopefully it might help.

(one thing I forgot to point out is that Flooded Earth doesn’t seem to work, there simply is an empty spot in space. Throwing objects at it still works, but the planet itself is not visible.)

Thanks for the feedback!

the game is in the alpha stage still which means lots of things will change by full release and most things you see will not be there

in the future i plan to make the game more physics based which includes planets actually exploding, realistic sizes for objects, and objects orbiting kind of like universe sandbox 2

i also thing that the objects flying from the center of the screen like @BadDad2004 suggested is a good idea

1 Like

I can tell by the looks of the game. Observation I think that’s what its called. idk not good at english.

There definitely can be some improvements and additions to the game, for example, when I crash anything into a planet that has a different size to earth, like saturn. It just looks like it explodes outside of the planet, not on it. And then you get a weird yellow 0.5 transparent circle around Saturn. Maybe you could use the highlight feature to make the effect look better. Just my thoughts, don’t have to agree with them!

sounds like a bug to me.

ill fix it in next update

Thank you! Just in case I didn’t make it clear enough, this is what I was talking about.

1 Like

I know right? I dont even know why roblox changed it to “Experience” and not just kept it as games.

1 Like