Keep the Collaboration category for a longer time period or just keep both (Talent Hub & Collaboration)

I can definitely see that now lol

1 Like

Absolutely agree, I already have issues finding jobs on DevForum and Talent Hub will make this 10x harder.

I have an account PIN for security purposes, and that means I see a limited number of jobs which really screws me over.

Top developers on the DevForum are already predicting they’ll take a massive hit, here’s a quote from one of them:

2 Likes

On behalf of myself and many others, absolutely. Talent hub is extremely unpolished and difficult to use in comparison to collaboration. On collaboration, we get a much larger audience for commissions, jobs and portfolios, whereas the talent hub isn’t even open to everyone yet. An overwhelming majority of the people on the forum (just judging from a handful if threads) are opposed to collaboration’s removal. In fact, the collaboration category shouldn’t just be kept open temporarily, it should be kept open forever. Although the talent hub is convenient for well-established developers, the collaboration category is so, so much better for the majority of the people on this forum.

4 Likes

TL:DR: keep the #collaboration category open permanently, as it’s so much more convenient than the talent hub is, and likely will be, for the next few months.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, but I doubt we’ll be getting any more delays, since it’s already been delayed and the deadline is in a few days. Make lots of feature requests and hope Roblox improves the Talent Hub, I guess.

Yeah, the change of the collaboration category is going to be devasting, especially with no creativity being able to be done on the Talent Hub itself, we just have to wait until they add it.

For all we know, they might be deleting the category so I recommend you all save the page of your portfolio and keep it on hand in case you no longer had the images. I did this so I now have a safe copy on hand in-case needed.

Fingers crossed they acknowledge this: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

You probably have the Account PIN and/or restrictions turned on. To disable it, go to Settings >> Security >> Disable Account PIN/ Restrictions.

Hmmmm. I’ll try that. Thanks :slight_smile:

Edit: It still didn’t work.

Actually it’s only released to those with a DevForum account that can access #collaboration

Everybody can access collaboration though.

Yeah, but you must have signed up to the DevForum.

That sucks. That means I can’t use the Talent Hub until I’m a Regular which could be a while since the ability to be promoted to the Regular Rank has been paused.

Who said that you have to be a regular to use the talent hub? I’m a member and I have access.

2 Likes

No, you don’t have to be regular (I’m not a regular and I was in the second wave of users to be allowed in)

It’s actually not as convenient as you think tbh…

There’s no denying the fact that a larger audience can access collaboration which can be useful, but because of that…many of the project leaders there are either scammers or just unprofessional.

When I was trying to start out 2 years ago, a majority of my clients ended up ghosting me in the end after work was finished.

Sometimes when I would look into incidents like that, I would later find out that the same project leaders that scammed me are also dragging entire groups of new developers through the mud.

And on top of that, most of the project leaders on Collaboration have almost no budget to pay anyone with…which likely explains why there’s so much scamming involved.

There’s only so much mistreatment newer developers can go through before they begin to suffer from things like depression, stress or exhaustion.

I went through that and nearly gave up as a result, what’s worst is that there are others who always go through the same thing.

I understand that Collaboration makes it easier for newer developers to be seen, but it also allows the untrustworthy to be seen aswell.

A lot of inexperienced project leaders don’t understand the amount of work and time we put into for them, so we don’t get paid right or treated right as a result.

That’s why so many newer developers are scared of charging their services for more than 200-500 robux sometimes.

Years of ghosting and mistreatment in the Collaboration category has basically affected the entire economy for newer developers, to the point where it’s normal for them to underappreciate and undervalue their own work.

It’s completely wrong for anyone new to suffer from stuff like that, which is probably why Roblox wants to just get rid the category for good and replace it with an alternative that may be better in the end.

I get that change is scary and that the Talent Hub still needs tons of work, but if we just give them time to work on it…it’ll turn out better in the end.

2 Likes

I see your point. I remember making a PSA topic about scamming (and how developers really hate getting ghosted) in development discussion, and who woulda guessed, it got closed. I feel like while collaboration is home to scammers and ghosters as you said, so many people rely on it. In addition, the portfolio category is priceless. I don’t know why ROBLOX decided to make a whole new website instead of just improving the collab category.

(I can link or DM the link to my PSA post if you want, too)

1 Like

My apologies.

My other conclusion is that for some reason the Talent Hub is rigged against me so I can’t use it…

1 Like

I really don’t like talent hub as much as the collaboration tab. I have access to it but there is no way for us UI, GFX, Icon creators to make proper portfolios and it is messed up. I hope by the time talent hub is up and running all of this is fixed if not then I don’t think many people will like it. As per the feedback on it.

1 Like