Keeping the snow outside

Hey there! So I have particle emitters making it snow. Which works perfectly however the problem I’m having is these houses have interiors and when snow gets to the roof it just goes right threw causing it to snow inside. Is there any way to work around this?

8 Likes

You may want to refer to this thread:

1 Like

I suggest not using terrain from roblox studio.

1 Like

Interesting. What makes you say that??

I see no problem at all. Its fine.

1 Like

The solution to this is pretty easy.

1. Make a part.
  2. Make a local script and put it in the starterpack.
  3. Make a .Touched event for the part inside the local script.
  4. When a player touches the part, move the particle object to lighting(or destroy it).
  5. Make the opposite with another part.

The code will look something like this :

game.Workspace.Part.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
      -- This is script will work when a player enters the building. (You can put this part in the door)
      local hum = hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
      if hum then
          game.Workspace.SnowParticle.Parent = game.Lighting
          -- game.Workspace.SnowParticle:Destroy()
      end
  end)
2 Likes

It looks fine I think but everyone has their opinions, and he didn’t ask for opinions on the build.

1 Like

You might want to make a script directing to a whitelist folder and place the models inside that folder.

Hmm. I’ll give this a try will this work locally however? And would it not be easier to disable the particle emitter?

2 Likes

I’m not too sure I quite understand what you mean.

1 Like

My suggestion was to make a script that makes the snow ignore (or disappear) when it touches the models in a specific folder.

For example in some weapon systems, there’s a folder which makes bullets ignore models inside a folder, making the bullets trespass them.

3 Likes

Your choice.
Also yeah this is meant to work locally.

I’m going to give these both a try and let you guys know what happens. Thank you!

what about when they leave the building, the snow particle ain’t gonna be there more. unless im wrong, just asking btw im struggling with this issue