Kenneth character bundle doesn't load custom body parts for R6 body type

So, I’ve been making some avatars and I notice that one particular bundle that doesn’t load in R6 mode. Instead, it loaded the default blocky parts of the body expect for the head. The bundle which cause this was the Kenneth bundle (Kenneth - Roblox). For what I have observed, this also happens in the game as well so its not a visual bug.

This happens today in the customize avatar page of roblox (Roblox) when I was on a Windows 10 Laptop and on an iPhone 7 as well.

• Reproduction Step:
    • Go to the avatar page.
    • Equip its body parts in R6 mode.

Footage of the incident:

It also does a silly thing when I put it on r6 mode on this.

5 Likes

Interesting finding - this isn’t completely a bug but rather an oversight. The Kenneth bundle doesn’t load for the R6 body type because there is no R6 version of the bundle.

Pieces of a bundle will come with an R6 and R15 set. The R6 set will contain a singular CharacterMesh to be assigned to a body part while the R15 set will contain MeshParts that are used to replace the default block limbs of the character. Taking a look at the torso piece of the Kenneth bundle, the R6 folder is empty. Image as follows shows this:

We can compare this layout to a bundle that properly supports R6 and R15 rigs. For this, I’ll reference the Korblox Deathspeaker bundle which is a legacy R6 bundle converted to R15. For the sake of consistency, I will also look at the Deathspeaker Torso piece. Check out how it looks in Studio:

R6 folder has the CharacterMesh, R15 folders have the MeshParts. Due to this, the Korblox Deathspeaker bundle will properly load for both R6 and R15 characters.

The solution would be for Roblox to merge the models of the limbs into one model and upload it as a mesh asset which can then be applied to a CharacterMesh object and placed in the R6 folder.

8 Likes

Sorry for going off-topic a little. But as it turns out. Kenneth isn’t the only bundle to have this issue. Like for example. Mr. Crash has a similar issue, but without the texture too. (Even though it was a exclusive bundle for the emotes only.)

Suerte Kitty however. Uses the wrong texture instead of having no mesh problem at all.

I expect other newer packages to have this problem and not just one of them. It’s possible that there’s still more out there.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Sorry for going off-topic again. But I ended up finding a similar issue to this. This time it happens for both body types. Not sure how I got the bug in the first place but here:

Basically. Due to some very bad luck. I am now unavailable to equip and unequip the left arms of these two bundles. Trying to press Take off results in a “You must be wearing the asset to remove it.” error. Am I the only person who got this bug so far? Other players can still equip it without problems. Probably the website thought that I was still wearing them?

Well this is not what I expect to see. This is much more problematic than before which is quite concerning. We should research more about this although the staff have now been looking into this.

I could change the topic but it doesn’t really allow me to and it’s alright since your post still correlate to the topic at this point.

1 Like

Although slightly off-topic myself, I’ve been thoroughly going through bundles’ from the newest to the oldest bundles. Turns out there’s only few of them which I’m gonna give the link to the bundles that doesn’t load its body in R6.

Another thing that was related to SourcePunch’s post is that, l’ve also collected ones that has the wrong textures in R6.
Digital Shock Artist - Roblox which shows the texture of Digital Artist - Roblox in R6.
Suerte Kitty - Roblox which shows the texture of Lucky Gatito - Roblox in R6.
And, Summer Ninja - Roblox which just shows a brown and grey broken texture in R6.

It took me a couple hours to manually checking all the bundles which was not fun at all. You could double check it just in case I might be missing something but that’s all for now.

Well, that’s all the research I conducted throughout the time making this post.

1 Like

Luckily. I thought of a solution to the issue I got and mentioned earlier. Simply they could remove the error message so that I can click on Take Off to unequip the bugged item entirely OR they can add a advanced Take Off button, or “Force Take Off”.

If it were to be added in the website. It would make it easier to fix the issue of being unable to use certain body parts, which result in rendering the default part instead.

Appearently if I look into the console for these two pages. It turns out that I might of broke the code of taking off these arms. Notice how the POST text is red?

Not sure how one can fix this type of answer though. :frowning:

1 Like

The red text here indicates a non 200 response code. (Aka, the Http request failed somehow, such as an error 400)

On Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (most browsers really), you should be able to inspect the request via devtools (Ctrl+Shift+I or Command+Shift+I). If you can PM me the status code, the response content, and the form data (at the bottom) that’d be super helpful.

This isn’t related to this particular bug, it’s definitely separate and sounds like an issue related to your character’s inventory. It may be fixable by manually creating a request to update your inventory since it sounds like your avatar is somehow invalid (due to a bug of some sort).

Interesting to find someone who posted something nearly identical to mine.

Is this bug still persisting?
I have seen some slight switches on the body of the avatar like the head doesn’t through the hair.

They haven’t fixed the parts… Yet. :sad: