Keyframe Reached fired multiple times keep stacking

I have a gun shooting animations right here, and a Keyframe named “Pump” to play a sound when it’s reached, however, it keeps stacking:
https://gyazo.com/dd71ad051723a037a8b37376eacc5672

animations is a table, shootWithPump is a humanoid:LoadAnimation(animation).

animations.shootWithPump.KeyframeReached:Connect(function(name)
	print(name)
	if name == "Pump" then
		PlayGunSound(TempTool.Sounds.Pump, TempTool.BodyAttach)
	end
end)

This is the Keyframe named “Pump”

Why does this happen?

3 Likes

How do I only rename that specific Keyframe? Whenever I select the keyframe dot and click rename, it renames all keyframe in the same time stance.

1 Like

You should not be using the KeyframeReached event since it’s deprecated, use the :GetMarkerReachedSignal() function instead. This function will return a RBXScriptSignal that will fire when the KeyframeMarker with the given name on it’s parameter is reached on the animation.

You can create a KeyframeMarker, AKA: Animation Event, by clicking on this button at the almost top-left of the Animation Editor window.

This DevHub Article may be helpful.

4 Likes

Thanks for suggesting GerMarkerReachedSignal, however it still stack firing.

animations.shootWithPump:GetMarkerReachedSignal("Pump"):Connect(function()
	PlayGunSound(TempTool.Sounds.Pump, TempToolBodyAttach, 20)
	flingshell(TempTool)
end)

animations is a table with humanoid:LoadAnimation, and this GetMarkerReachedSignal is inside a function, which is called when player inputs.

Sorry for the late response, but since you are creating a connection you have to disconnect it so it does not stack.

local connection
connection = animations.shootWithPump:GetMarkerReachedSignal("Pump"):Connect(function()
        connection:Disconnect()
	PlayGunSound(TempTool.Sounds.Pump, TempToolBodyAttach, 20)
	flingshell(TempTool)
end)
7 Likes

Thanks for the response despite that I have already move into a newer animation sound playing framework.

And damn how come I don’t know about connections back in the beginning of this year?

2 Likes