Kicking a player and creating a fade frame on touch

I’m trying to create a script that makes a frame tween (by making it fade out) and then kicks the player after it’s done tweening only if the player touches a part.
When I test the game and touch the part, nothing happens. (Not even errors in output)
Here is my script and explorer/hierarchy:

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")
local FadeFrame = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("FadeGui").FadeFrame
	local function OnTouch(Hit)
		if Hit.Parent:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid") then
		local fadeInTween = TweenService:Create(FadeFrame, TweenInfo.new(1, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, 0, false, 0), {BackgroundTransparency = 0})
		fadeInTween:Play()
		wait(1)
		game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer:Kick("An unkown error occured.")
	end
end
script.Parent.Touched:Connect(OnTouch)

Screen Shot 2023-09-03 at 5.53.43 PM
Screen Shot 2023-09-03 at 5.53.58 PM
I’ve looked through the devforum and I couldn’t find anything that helps with both tweening and kicking. I’ve tried using a server script (Script) but I realized using that wouldn’t allow me to use LocalPlayer.

6 Likes

LocalScripts don’t work in Workspace. I would move your LocalScript to under your FadeFrame and paste this inside:

--//Services
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

--//Variables
local LocalPlayer = Players.LocalPlayer
local Part = workspace.Part --//Change if needed
local FadeFrame = script.Parent

--//Functions
Part.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	if hit.Parent ~= LocalPlayer.Character then
		return
	end

local fadeInTween = TweenService:Create(FadeFrame, TweenInfo.new(1, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut), {BackgroundTransparency = 0})
	fadeInTween.Completed:Wait()

LocalPlayer:Kick("An unknown error occured.")
end)
1 Like

LocalScripts don’t run in the workspace. Change the script’s location to the GUI instead.
An example:

local Part = game.Workspace:WaitForChild("Part") -- The part that you want to detect the touches on
local FadeFrame = script.Parent.FadeFrame -- The fade frame's location

Part.Touched:Connect(function(hitPart: BasePart) -- Detects if another part has touched the part
	if not hitPart.Parent or not hitPart.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then return end -- Checking if the hitPart belongs to a character
	local FadeInTween = TweenService:Create(FadeFrame, TweenInfo.new(1, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, 0, false, 0), {BackgroundTransparency = 0}) -- Creating the tween
	FadeInTween:Play() -- Playing the tween
	FadeInTween.Completed:Wait() -- Waiting for the tween to end

game.Players.LocalPlayer:Kick("An unknown error has occured.") -- Kicking the player
end)

This would also fire if another player touched it.

1 Like

So, would this mean if one player touched it, everyone in the entire server would be kicked? If so, how do I fix it so only the player that touches it is kicked and only their gui is tweened?

1 Like

Mine already does what you wanted by checking if the LocalPlayer touched it. Did mine not work? Or did you only try the second reply for some reason?

1 Like

Oh, I’m so sorry I didn’t see your reply but only the second. I just fixed it by using LocalPlayer:Kick(). So, if I’m correct, it should only kick the player that touched it?

1 Like

No, if any other player touches it, .Touched will also fire, which means everyone will be kicked whenever 1 person touches it. You will need to add a check like what I did in the script I replied with.

1 Like

Ah, so this script should only click the player that touched the part?

local FadeFrame = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("FadeGui").FadeFrame
local LocalPlayer = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer

local Part = game.Workspace.TeleportKick

Part.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	if hit.Parent ~= LocalPlayer.Character then
		return
	end

local fadeInTween = TweenService:Create(FadeFrame, TweenInfo.new(1, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut), {BackgroundTransparency = 0})
	fadeInTween.Completed:Wait(1.5)

LocalPlayer:Kick("An unknown error occured.")
end)
1 Like

Yes, also, adding a number inside Completed:Wait() won’t do anything as far as I know. You will have to add another task.wait(n) after that :Wait() to wait longer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.