Kindle Fire users capable of walking through objects

Reproduction Steps

This issue appears to happen on Kindle Fire devices. I do not have one of these devices myself, but I have noticed this issue for multiple players using the same brand of device. People I have spoken to who have used, or have relatives who use, Kindle Fires have reported the same issue in various games.
Users with these devices experience excessive lag which may contribute to the issue. As a test, I set all my character’s network ownership to a Kindle Fire user and encountered the same issue of walking through parts the same as they were. I further confirmed that this was not an exploit.

People have reported the issue on the following tablets (these are specs):

I am still waiting for 2 people to provide their specific device model and will add them later.

Expected Behavior

Kindle Fire users should interact with the environment’s physics just the same as any other device or platform.

Actual Behavior

Kindle Fire devices lag excessively and seem to allow players to walk through solid parts of any class.
Screenshots display Kindle Fire 7 Gen 9 vs a Windows 11 desktop computer.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-17 00:01:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-01-23 00:01:00 (-07:00)

9 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

A player has reported the same issue on a Galaxy 13. I’ve taken the same steps to test with network ownership and got the same outcome. Doesn’t seem to be isolated just to the Kindle Fire.

1 Like