Kingdom Life 2 Donor Removal

on Sunday, November 10th 2019, the old Adonis Donor perks were removed from the game, and replaced by a custom-made donor panel of my own making. There were a lot of questions and complaints, and a heap of confusion. We decided to summarize and explain the situation here, as well as answering some very common questions.

Summary of what happened/Why I removed donor

As a part of the localization program, in which Kingdom Life 2 takes part, I was requested to remove the old Adonis system. Its interface and many of its back-end coding was flooding the data tables that Roblox uses. On top of this, the Adonis system is an external system, meaning I had very little control over it in terms of integration and compatibility, as well as further expansion.

With this in mind, the Adonis system was requested to be removed back in June 2019. Over the following months, I’ve been working on a replacement admin system. I originally did not plan to have a new donation system. However a lot of players seemed passionate about wanting to donate and support the development. This brings me to the new donor system; It was made as both a donation and proper expansion of the game, to give back to the community with it.

With the removal of Adonis, and its included donor system, I decided to give old users free access temporarily to the new system. I decided on having this program for 1 month so that Premium users can use their next cashout in case they desire to join the new donor system. Bear in mind that this donor system is technically the first official one for the game. (Adonis’ perks were never intended for the game and were an invasive perk that came alongside the free admin system)

Below, you will find a small demonstration fo the new Donor panel.

FAQ

• Q1): Can I be refunded?

Unfortunately I cannot refund anyone, as there are no funds received to begin with. Your best bet is contacting the creators of Adonis itself, but bear in mind that they are in no way obligated to refund either. The only viable reason for refunding is in the case of dysfunctionality, or in the case of blatant scamming. (Selling something that is not given upon sales) Adonis’ perk gamepass is not broken and still works with the Adonis system in any Roblox place that has it enabled. The discontinuation of Kingdom Life 2’s support for it is not a determining factor of the perks being broken, or a scam.

For more information, visit
https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004647846-Roblox-Terms-of-Use
(sections 4.A.4; 5.A.3; 5.B.2; 5.C.1)

• Q2): Why don’t you give the new Donor out for free?

To continue support of development, donations are important. I’m unable to provide free content updates without the support of the community.

Development for me personally is a passion I love doing, but in order to do it properly and full-time, I need to monetize my work. Sadly, work has to go paid, and I need the monetization to sustain myself.

• Q3): Why are you only temporarily giving old donors access to new commands?

I decided to discontinue the support for the old donors. This new Donor panel is officially ours. Permanently giving old users (who never paid for our own service) access to this new system would be a hand-out, and unfair and unequal treatment to users who still have to pay for it.

• Q4): Why do old donors have to pay again?

This new donor system is entirely unconnected to the old donor system; they are in no way connected. Your ownership of the old Adonis system does not account as a viable reason to claim ownership of the new system.

• Q5): Why don’t you bring back the old donor?

Adonis is an external system, and not something we integrated into the game, nor open to expansion. It is a wildcard, and has caused a lot of issues because of it. It’s not compatible with the game, and was therefore permanently removed with no doors open for backwards compatibility. This was partially on my own terms, and partially on request of Roblox. The new Donor panel, which is custom made by myself, is properly integrated into the rest of the game and is made to work appropriately and as intended. Being a custom-made system, it allows me to expand on it as needed.

• Q6): Will this new donor be removed?

No, with control of this Donor panel being entirely in the hands of us- there will not be a need to remove this Donor. This new Donor panel will also be immediately integrable with other games, such as Northern Tales.

• Q7): Why weren’t we notified ahead of time?

We made group shouts in the past and announcements in the past on a few occasions to alert everyone that this change would be taking place. These plans have been in development for several months.

• Q8): Why should I get this new Donor?

The Donor panel will have a multitude of features, including remaking the old features from the previous donor from scratch (properly built up specifically for the game) with additional features in the future.

• Q9): Will this donor transfer over to Northern Tales?

Donor for Northern Tales and Kingdom Life 2 will be shared, although they will look and act somewhat different. This is due to both games’ systems being entirely different.

Future plans

Going forward, I intend to do my best in recreating all of the old features you’re familiar with (face ID, capes, custom particle builder) and even add my own features. I’ll do our best to ensure you get your money’s worth in commands and then some, but do keep in mind at the core these are perks of a donation to show your support for these games.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.