Knockback delays before being applied

I’m trying to make a grab move that throws the target away, however there always seems to be a delay before the knockback is actually applied

I’ve tried both bodyvelocity and AssemblyLinearVelocity but both have this issue, I’ve also tried to have it push the target on the client and server at the same time like many posts like this suggested but that also didn’t work. I’ve read other posts but haven’t found any solutions.

My current script is all on the server and looks like this

local BodyVelocity = Instance.new("BodyVelocity")
	BodyVelocity.P = math.huge
	BodyVelocity.Parent = Target.HumanoidRootPart
	BodyVelocity.Velocity = (Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.LookVector.Unit * 75) + Vector3.new(0,50,0)
	Debris:AddItem(BodyVelocity, 0.2)

Any help is appreciated

i dont think you can get rid of it (as stated in this post)

Other games don’t suffer from this issue, I’m wondering if it’s just BodyVelocity and AssemblyLinearVelocity that have this issue or if it’s something on my end

well, as stated in the post i linked, the person who i quoted said you can use tweeing.

Tweening wouldn’t work for this unfortunately since I want them to be able to interact with the environment as they bounce around rather than having a set position they’re knocked back to

yeah, sorry than man, I’m out of ideas and i don’t really use body velocities/make combat systems. Good luck though, hope you can find a solution soon.

Show me the whole code,i need to see the whole code because that seems nothing wrong

I figured out a fix, all I had to was SetNetworkOwner to the player temporarily

Target.HumanoidRootPart:SetNetworkOwner(Player)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.