Is anyone else experiencing body velocity delay?

https://gyazo.com/fd69af967a300d7fadc82871031cae6c
(example of the delay, in a blank workspace with only two scripts and a dummy)

BodyVelocity is a Legacy body mover. So. I woudn't be surprised if it is the fact that it is old.

There is a delay because it works as a PID controller it doesn’t actually set the Velocity of the part it actually applies a force that is proportional to the Velocity of the part.

There will always be a delay. You can either make the delay less by increasing the P Property in the BodyVelocity or use a different method of movement…
BodyVelocity | Roblox Creator Documentation Here you can read a bit more about what BodyVelocity actually is.

If you do not want a delay then you will need to use something else. For example, setting the AssemblyLinearVelocity will be instant. Tweening or just “CFrameing” a part would do the trick.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response!

I originally made this post because body velocities went from working cleanly to the delay (as seen in the gif). I believe I am going to change my code to :ApplyImpulse() and see if that works cleaner.

2 Likes

First Sea - Roblox Studio (gyazo.com)

(Heres a gif of ApplyImpulse() used in my game, its still quite delayed which is strange)

1 Like

Hmm. There could be interference because Humanoid exerts a force on the character too. Other than that it could just be ping and network issues. I am sure it looks fine though :blush:

1 Like