Lack of a place to ask game development questions

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard/impossible to ask questions about general game development stuff (motivation strategies, workflow strategies, etc.)
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because I and many other users could ask questions about game development tips, strategies, and much more.

2 Likes

You do know #development-discussion is for Development-related topics and discussions otherwise to ask educational objectives or topics related to what you mentioned I believe you can post in the #help-and-feedback:education-support, for feedback go to #help-and-feedback #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback #help-and-feedback:game-design-support

4 Likes

I wish. I remember asking about peoples’ motivational strategies on there, and it got moderated a while ago. That’s the main reason why I made this suggestion, you don’t have a good place to ask those kinds of questions, which feels super wierd.

My issue doesn’t fall under those categories, as they are used for specific types of questions, none of which the questions that I thought of would fall under.

1 Like

If it doesn’t fit in any of those categories, maybe it doesn’t actually belong on the Roblox developer forum.

1 Like

No. They do, as they are questions about Roblox game development.

2 Likes

My personal solution (this is a reply because the main suggestion is not supposed to have a proposed solution in it) would be to create a new subcategory of #help-and-feedback called game-development-support. The use case is general game development questions.

Example posts: “What is a good workflow for {insert game dev aspect}”, “What are good motivation strategies for game development”, “How should I deal with having too many ideas, but not making any of them”, “Do you all have any good tips to reduce clutter?”.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be #development-discussion . Consider using an existing topic if one exists already

2 Likes

Huh, I’ve asked questions like that there before and got moderated because they were off topic.

3 Likes

have you heard of discord yet (/s)? there’s millions of hubs on there that you can ask questions about all topics

and discord has way less limits then this forum xd

1 Like

Same, I had a question in #development-discussion on if I were to make a game based off of another game. But it got removed for “incorrect use of the Developer Fourm” but I posted a Modoration-related in #development-discussion and it also got removed for “incorrect use of the Developer Fourm”

yet I find posts related to modoration that have been up for months in #development-discussion

3 Likes