Lag with using ROBLOX Studio move and rotate tools

• What are you attempting to achieve? Trying to fix the lag.
  • What is the issue? Low FPS when having move tool or rotate tool and not moving/rotating any parts. (Same with animation editor)

https://gyazo.com/57f9e0ea078894f5268a55386ba99b35
Frame rate is visible in the top right in yellow text.

• What solutions have you tried so far?
    I tried restarting Roblox studio. and reinstalling and restarting my system.
    I also tried uninstalling all my plugins.

For some reason the pivot editor doesn’t seem to be laggy.
How can I fix this or reduce the lag?

• System specifications:

2.60 GHz cpu 6 cores Intel(R) Core™ I7-9750H
Memory: 16gb 2667 MHz
Studio is installed in my system SDD
GPU: Nivida Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
Device: Laptop
System: Windows 10 pro 64 Bit

1 Like

That weird because you have a good pc, maybe it’s the ram or a bug of roblox studio

In script editor in a 30k line script i can get nearly 1000-1500 fps but outside ofi t 200-300 and when using move and rotate 10-12 fps.

1 Like

Have you tried creating a new place and see if this happens? Is it studio in general or just a certain game you are working on?

1 Like

Every place i join save-file team-create anything will do the same.

Have you by any chance tried troubleshooting the program?

I don’t know what that means or how I can do it.
I used to have perfectly fine FPS but a random day this bug happened.

Roblox support was able to get my issue fixed.

Hey @MadnessMyth, I’m experiencing the same issue and have already tried everything you did. If you don’t mind sharing, what did Roblox support do to resolve this for you? Thanks!

In home at the top bar turn off join surfaces. This might work as this was happening to me and i did that which helped me.

I’ve experienced insane lag in my game as well, but it only occurred after i decided to use roblox’s animation editor. My game has just been plagued with lag now ig.

I don’t remember sorry.
But i got it fixed when i asked Roblox support.

No worries, I found it eventually. It was some sort of corrupted / outdated plugin. Uninstalling studio didn’t get rid of it. I had to manually delete folders in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Roblox, specifically the folder named after my userid. Relaunching studio regenerated the folder.

2 Likes

I think that was the same issue as mine because i had to go though a complicated uninstall process.